We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any must do or see in Phoenix area?

Which Phoenix hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
93 posts
3 reviews
Any must do or see in Phoenix area?

We are spending our last full day in Arizona spending what has been a lovely week long tour by RV of the state. We camped here at lost Dutchman last night and are heading home to riverside, ca tomorrow morning. Is there anything we shouldn't miss along the way? (All I really heard about was goldfield and we kind of have mixed feelings about the place.) Thanks in advance for the advice. :)

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
13,485 posts
65 reviews
1. Re: Any must do or see in Phoenix area?

Someone might recommend driving through Jerome and Prescott, or even Wickenburg, but I would not recommend that route in an RV. I would just head home. South on I-17, then take Loop 101 west around Phoenix. Once you get on I-10 west, it's pretty bleak.

When you get to Quartzite, you will see one of the world's largest RV sites. Ugly, frankly, and nothing there.

Buy gas before you leave Arizona.

Goldfield is a good distance east of where you will be going, and not worth it IMO.

Edited: 12:39 pm, November 20, 2012
Level Contributor
93 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Any must do or see in Phoenix area?

Okay, thanks for the info. It helps to leave here knowing we won't be missing anything on they way. It's been an awesome trip though. Thanks again.

Fox Island...
Level Contributor
610 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: Any must do or see in Phoenix area?

You might stop by and see the Desert Botanical Garden in Phoenix for a couple of hours. I found it beautiful and quite interesting and they have a great gift shop! It is right off the 202 just before it joins the 10 so would be right on your way.

4. Re: Any must do or see in Phoenix area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, December 16, 2013