We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation from UK with Baby

Which Phoenix hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh
reviews: 1
Vacation from UK with Baby

My wife and I are planning a holiday in Feb 2013 with our 9 month old baby boy. We just want to get away from the cold UK winter and find some relaxation and warmth. The plan is to split two weeks between San Diego and the Phoenix area. I know nothing about Phoenix or the area and was wondering if people thought that a week would be too much there?

As we have the baby with us we will be limited in what we can do and will have to work around him - any suggestions for a bay friendly place to stay or things to do, or anyone think we should go elsewhere?

All help appreciated!

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Scottsdale
reviews: 58
1. Re: Vacation from UK with Baby

A week should be fine. Temperatures are generally in 20 C to 24 C. and sunny. Not sure what hotel to recommend, but I am sure others will have suggestions. Most in the Phoenix area are used to dealing with infants. I highly recommend you rent a car to get around. Public transit is abysmal, and things are very spread out. The Phoenix area is very large - roughly 55 miles from east to west and 45 miles from north to south.

There are many activities such as strolling in the Desert Botanical Garden.

San Diego is a bit different, but lots to do there.

Edinburgh
2. Re: Vacation from UK with Baby

Thanks for the response.

It has been suggested the best way would be to rent a holiday home. We are looking for something that offers a pool/fitness centre etc. Have seen a few properties that look v good and will see how I get on with that.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 43
3. Re: Vacation from UK with Baby

Here's a site with things to do in Phx

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g31310-Activitie…

Don't wait too long for booking a place because you are coming in the high season Maybe try www.vrbo.com

Edinburgh
4. Re: Vacation from UK with Baby

Thanks.

Have spent some time going through VBRO and have asked for some quotes.

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
reviews: 26
5. Re: Vacation from UK with Baby

RFT72, if you have any questions about neighborhoods and what to do once there, let us know, most of us answering questions live here in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area. Welcome to the forums!

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Scottsdale
reviews: 58
6. Re: Vacation from UK with Baby

Do ask about neighborhoods of places that look promising - with an address. Most condo complexes have names that usually don't mean a thing to us locals. In February, you will need a heated pool. The temperatures I quoted earlier are daytime. It can get down to freezing at night so the water will be cold without heat. Don't expect too much of fitness centers. Most residents don't use them, and they may not be well equipped.

What airline will you be using and how do you plan to get between Phoenix and San Diego? British Airways has a non-stop service between Heathrow and Phoenix six days a week. San Diego is a good day's drive from Phoenix by car. Airline service is very good, though, with several flights during the day. The flight is about an hour.

7. Re: Vacation from UK with Baby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, December 16, 2013