We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

construction on Camelback near AJ's?

Which Phoenix hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
west hills, ca
reviews: 295
construction on Camelback near AJ's?

Please tell me if there are still road closures and construction going on near AJ's down Camelback. It was a nightmare a few weeks ago. thanks

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 134
1. Re: construction on Camelback near AJ's?

www.az511.com

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
reviews: 26
2. Re: construction on Camelback near AJ's?

I think you mean the AJs on Lincoln? I did not get all the way to the intersection of Scottsdale and Lincoln , but as i was going east on Lincoln from Tatum last week, yes they were still working on the roads. Invergordon or Mockingbird (68th St) are good north/south alternatives and McDonald or Camelback are good east/west options.

Sorry to say, there was also some construction at Scottsdale and Chaparral that backed us up a bit. There is ALWAYS something here. You learn alternatives when you live here that's for sure. I traveled with my map book for years when we first got here till i learned my way around.

west hills, ca
3. Re: construction on Camelback near AJ's?

I mean Camelback and 44th st. I will be staying at Firesky over Thanksgiving and visiting my daughter who lives near 36th and Camelback. I few weeks ago it was a traffic nightmare at that intersection.

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
reviews: 26
4. Re: construction on Camelback near AJ's?

oops, sorry jfd.

Phoenix, Arizona
reviews: 14
5. Re: construction on Camelback near AJ's?

From this morning's paper:

Camelback Road restricted from 42nd to 46th streets due to a Maricopa County Flood Control District/Phoenix storm-drain installation project. Completion is scheduled for December.

west hills, ca
6. Re: construction on Camelback near AJ's?

thanks for the info

barrie
reviews: 1
7. Re: construction on Camelback near AJ's?

just clicked on this link randomly, but we are driving from the airport to jw marriott camelback resort on dec 6, back on dec 10. I believe the map tells us to go via 44th street? is this in the middle of construction? should we go another way? having never been to az before, help is appreciated, thanks!

west hills, ca
8. Re: construction on Camelback near AJ's?

I found this:

Continuing Restrictions

■Arcadia Drive and Lafayette Boulevard – north of Indian School Road and east of 44th Street, complete restriction to through traffic and restricted to local/resident access only for a Maricopa County Flood Control District and city of Phoenix joint project, completion scheduled for April 2013.

■Camelback Road – 38th to 40th streets, partial restriction due to a CenturyLink emergency repair and replacement of communications lines, completion scheduled for November.

■Camelback Road – 40th to 44th Streets, partial restriction due to a Southwest Gas Corporation project, completion scheduled for November.

■For additional project information, visit SWGasLiving.com/Construction or call the project line at 602-532-6100.

■Camelback Road – 42nd to 46th streets, partial restriction due to a Maricopa County Flood Control District and city of Phoenix major storm drain installation project, completion scheduled for December

9. Re: construction on Camelback near AJ's?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, December 16, 2013