We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transport in Metro Phoenix

Which Phoenix hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Elk Valley, B. C.
reviews: 19
Public transport in Metro Phoenix

Hoping for a trip to the Phoenix-Scottsdale area soon. How is public transport? Should I rent a car? I will museums and want to do the Heard and Talisen West. But I would also like to do some relaxing and biking and hiking. Should I pick a resort hotel or a downtown hotel. The Kimpton Palomar sounds wonderful, bust so does the Arisona Biltmore. Any advice?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 119
1. Re: Public transport in Metro Phoenix

You'll need a car no matter where you stay.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
reviews: 58
2. Re: Public transport in Metro Phoenix

A car is best. If you stayed at a hotel on the light rail line, you would be able to see museums and galleries downtown, Heard and Phoenix Art Museums north of downtown, but not much else. Taliesen West cannot be reached by public transport, and a taxi would be quite expensive. Rent a car.

Both hotels are fine. The Biltmore is FL Wright-inspired and a unique property.

Scottsdale, Arizona
reviews: 7
3. Re: Public transport in Metro Phoenix

The Palomar is great if you want to stay downtown, I've been hanging out there regularly, best roof bar in the valley maybe, as far as public transport, I'd highly advise renting a car if you can as public transport is horrible here, If you have a very good budget you may also consider hiring a driver. I love my city, but compared to just about every other major city in the USA and city I have traveled in the world our public transport is a joke. Staying in Phoenix or Scottsdale depends on what you plan on doing while you are here, if you are more into night life, shopping, Scottsdale, if you want more of a hipster small downtown feel, Phoenix. Ive stayed in two areas of cities on trips and recommend doing that if it doesn't seem far fetched.

4. Re: Public transport in Metro Phoenix

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, December 16, 2013