We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transport

Which Phoenix hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 1
Public transport

Hi

I am planning to come to Phoenix for a week in December from Australia. We are two adults. We won't have a car. We would like to visit to Grand Canyon Railway, Verde Canyon Railroad, & out of Africa Wildlife Park. I would like to know whether any shuttle services to go to these places? I was already told that there is no public transport to Goldfield Ghost town.

If anybody can let me know that would be great. Thanks

Regards

Jamuna

Scottsdale, Arizona
reviews: 6
1. Re: Public transport

Jamuna,

I'd highly advise renting a car if you can as public transport is horrible here, there may be bus services but they are few and far between and it would be cheaper to just hire a car. If you have a very good budget you may also consider hiring a driver. I love my city, but compared to just about every other major city in the USA and city I have traveled in the world our public transport is a joke.

Sydney, Australia
2. Re: Public transport

Hi Braveheart

Thanks a lot for your advice. I'll keep in mind. Nervous about driving on otherside. I would love the idea of hiring a dirver but I am sure my budget won't allow me to do that. Only now after our Austalian doller came equal to US doller able to travel to US. Thanks again.

Regards

Jan

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Scottsdale
reviews: 62
3. Re: Public transport

We had this discussion a couple of weeks ago, and, unfortunately, the answer is the same. You need to rent a car.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
reviews: 13
4. Re: Public transport

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g31310-i140-k58989…

Agreed. The same advice applies. It takes a bit of getting used to, but driving on the opposite side of the road is do-able. In addition, the highway going up north (Interstate 17) is divided, so it's actually fairly easy.

Tempe, AZ
reviews: 4
5. Re: Public transport

Trust us, you will want to rent a car.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
reviews: 57
6. Re: Public transport

The advice is certainly correct, but this is a thread that was a duplicate post and answered in another thread. There are some possibilities for transport by shuttle to some of the things the OP wants to see, but even with that the recommendation is still to rent a car, or take tours.

Braveheart, when you see a post that has no answers, you may want to check and see if it was a duplicate. You can click on the OP's name, and you will see their history of posts.

Sydney, Australia
7. Re: Public transport

Hi All

Thank you so much for all your advice. I'll consider your advice and possibly hiring a car. Looking forward to visit Arizona. Thanks

Regards

Jan

8. Re: Public transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, December 16, 2013