We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there night life downtown Phoenix?

Which Phoenix hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kelowna
reviews: 12
Is there night life downtown Phoenix?

Any bars, pubs, nightclubs downtown by Cityscapes?

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
reviews: 58
1. Re: Is there night life downtown Phoenix?

You would find downtown Scottsdale more satisfactory, and plenty of hotels there as well.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Scottsdale
reviews: 65
2. Re: Is there night life downtown Phoenix?

Generally, there is only nightlife when there is a baseball or basketball game, and this is limited.

As suggested, you might find downtown Scottsdale more interesting, or Mill Avenue in Tempe where you will be greeted by a horde of Arizona State University Students.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
reviews: 13
3. Re: Is there night life downtown Phoenix?

Yes, there's nightlife downtown. It's not always as busy as Scottsdale or Tempe, but there are a variety of restaurants, bars, and a few nightclubs in downtown Phoenix. We were down there recently, and I was pleasantly surprised at how busy it was.

If you like live bands, try Copper Blues in CityScape. They have a couple of great bands that play there regularly; check their website or call for the schedule. It's a fairly "laid back, but cool" vibe inside, and there's usually a variety of age groups there - great people watching! ;)

There's also Bar Smith; definitely a "techno club scene", though, if that's what you're looking for. The upstairs outdoor bar is nicer than downstairs.

There's Lustre Bar, in the Hotel Palomar at CityScape. It's an outdoor, poolside bar on the 3rd floor. Great views of the city. DJs or live bands, depending on the night. Not sure how much dancing goes on; no one was dancing when we were there, but the night was still young! Still a cool place for a drink, though.

There's also Gypsy Bar; I've never been there, though.

Other restaurants/bars that we like are Coach and Willie's, Cooperstown, and Majerle's (sports bar, not a "club"). Not sure if you'll be here during baseball season, but if you are and you like baseball, you can also head to Friday's Front Row Grill, inside the ballpark at Chase Field, and watch the game. You don't need a ticket to get in, and it's a fun place to be during a game.

For more info on Phoenix, peruse this site:

http://www.downtownphoenix.com/

Edited: 9:21 pm, October 13, 2012
Kelowna
reviews: 12
4. Re: Is there night life downtown Phoenix?

Thanks for the reply. Looks like we will stay around cityscape and make a weekend of it!

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Scottsdale
reviews: 65
5. Re: Is there night life downtown Phoenix?

It's nice to hear downtown Phoenix is getting some life to it. Hope it continues and grows.

Tempe, AZ
reviews: 4
6. Re: Is there night life downtown Phoenix?

I was at the Hotel Palomar on Friday night for an NPR event, and the CityScape area is definitely breathing some life into downtown PHX. Very nice place.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
reviews: 13
7. Re: Is there night life downtown Phoenix?

Agreed, BoxingJohn! Hey, it's only taken how many decades? ;)

Tempe, AZ
8. Re: Is there night life downtown Phoenix?

Hopefully it sticks this time.

Chandler, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
reviews: 3
9. Re: Is there night life downtown Phoenix?

I was downtown for a work event a few weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised how busy things were. There weren't any sporting events or concerts (I would have known from traffic).

We did a dinner at Majerle's restaurant which was pretty nice. But then walking back to the garage I just remember all of the people out walking. It almost seemed odd.

I think between the new City Scape and the light rail that maybe things have finally taken off.

Tempe, AZ
10. Re: Is there night life downtown Phoenix?

First Fridays are very busy, if you happen to be around the first Friday of any month.