We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Sky Harbor Airport Arizona

Which Phoenix hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 30
Transportation from Sky Harbor Airport Arizona

I am flying into Phoenix in a couple of weeks and need to get to a hotel called the Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort on North 7th Avenue.

I believe there is a shuttle bus service that takes you from the airport to the Valley Metro Rail service(light rail) I have looked at the map, which seems to have a station on North 7th Avenue. Does anyone know how far the station is from this hotel? I will be walking.

Alternatively , someone recommended a company called Transtyle- taking up to 4 people at a time to their destinations - anyone know anything about this company ?

Thanks

Steph

Wickenburg, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Wickenburg
reviews: 591
1. Re: Transportation from Sky Harbor Airport Arizona

I don't know how far it is from the station tio the hotel, but I'd save myself the hassle, and - provided the resort does NMOT have its own shuttle - use Discount Cabs - www.discountcabs.com, (602) 200-2000. I haven't used them, but friends of mine have and were happy with the service.

When I need to get to Sky Harbor or to be picked up there and taken home to Wickenburg, I always use Lon Chaneyfield. He's an independent contract driver and he'll give you a fair flat rate for where you wanna go. His vehicle is always clean, he's reliable, courteous and on time. You can contact him at 480-809-7777 or Lon462@msn.com

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Puerto Penasco
reviews: 12
2. Re: Transportation from Sky Harbor Airport Arizona

Your hotel is on 7th Street not 7th Ave. Light rail doesn't go that far north, so you can take a free, non-stop shuttle from the airport to the first and only stop at 44th St / Washington, take the west bound rail from there, get off at Central and Camelback station and take a taxi from there to your hotel, about 8 miles.

If you're traveling alone, taking super shuttle all the way might make the most sense since they charge per person. If you take the rail, be aware that taxis can't pick you up at the station, so you'll have to walk to a nearby business to get picked up. I like discount cab 602- 200-2000, but there are plenty of other companies.

Take a look at this link for more info: skyharbor.com/transportationparking/transpor…

Edited: 10:18 am, October 06, 2012
NoCal
reviews: 62
3. Re: Transportation from Sky Harbor Airport Arizona

if would probably take you forever and a day to get there on public transit.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Scottsdale
reviews: 65
4. Re: Transportation from Sky Harbor Airport Arizona

Super Shuttle or Discount Cab might be your best bet. Get them at the airport.

7th Street would be at least a mile west of the light rail line, and quite a bit north. A long, long walk.

Phoenix, Arizona
reviews: 16
5. Re: Transportation from Sky Harbor Airport Arizona

Actually, 7th Street is 1/2 mile EAST of the light rail line. But I agree that public transportation is not your best solution. Per the Valley Metro website it would take 2 buses and 1 hour 25 minutes.

6. Re: Transportation from Sky Harbor Airport Arizona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:44 am, October 25, 2012
7. Re: Transportation from Sky Harbor Airport Arizona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, December 14, 2013