We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phoenix Car Rental

Which Phoenix hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Massachusetts
reviews: 13
Phoenix Car Rental

Has anyone heard of this company? They have two locations close to airport - Indian School Rd. and MacDowell...

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Puerto Penasco
reviews: 12
1. Re: Phoenix Car Rental

What company? How far east or west on Indian School or McDowell?

Massachusetts
reviews: 13
2. Re: Phoenix Car Rental

2934 E McDowell Rd

3625 W. Indian School Rd.

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
reviews: 27
3. Re: Phoenix Car Rental

Here is the link to the Better Business Bureau's review here in Phoenix...in case it does not open for you, they gave it an "F".

bbb.org/phoenix/…

I would go with one of the majors and go offsite to pick up your car to save money. Read some of the other car rental posts and tips here on the forum and do a little more homework.

Niantic, Connecticut
4. Re: Phoenix Car Rental

Rented my daughter a car from Phoenix Car Rental for 8 days, Car was junk, smelled of cigar and cigarette smoke, interior was deplorable conditions. Steering wheel sticky...car was not cleaned, items left in car where, shall we say in approriate at best. Daughter gets a threatening phone call from a male at the office saying if she doesn't turn the car in they will call police.. car was rented till Sat or Sun.. and it was Saturday at 12 noon when she got the call Staff was rude, and trying to be intimadating to her, I called the guy and told him off. Worse customer service ever. Will not rent from them again. Spread the word.

Niantic, Connecticut
5. Re: Phoenix Car Rental

Cpmpliants lodge against the company from the Better Business Bureau

Complaint Resolution Log (48) BBB Closure Definitions

BBB did not receive a response from business (48 complaints)

6/20/2012

Problems with Product/Service

5/30/2012

5/30/2012

5/14/2012

Billing/Collection Issues

5/2/2012

4/24/2012

4/21/2012

3/14/2012

2/25/2012

2/19/2012

Front Royal...
reviews: 6
6. Re: Phoenix Car Rental

BEWARE - DO NOT TRUST THIS CAR RENTAL BUSINESS!!!

Unfortunately we just returned from a vacation in Sedona, AZ almost ruined by using this company. We flew into Phoenix and had reserved a car with Phoenix Car Rental after finding them via their website (looks legitamate). They picked us up from the airport in a nice new minivan. We got there and the place looked a little scketchy but the cars looked pretty new. We signed the paperwork and they pulled the junk car out from behind the building.

The car was a complete hunk of junk with over 100K miles on it, interior totally disgusting, so much damage to exterior they said don't worry about it we know. We had a two hour drive to our destination (which they knew). The car broke down (overheated, battery light came on) before we made it. We called and they said someone would come bring us another car (it was 4:30 pm). Luckily we got a taxi to our resort 15 mins away instead of waiting because we got a call from them at 8:00 pm saying there was an accident and the road was closed so they wouldn't be there until the next morning. When they showed up the next morning they brought us another car no better. It had 148K miles, a squealing noise, the transmission was slipping, the brake pedal was sticking and interior was also dirty. We didn't let it ruin our week but we didn't go as many places as we would have because we couldn't trust the car. The manager had assured us they would knock off what we spent on gas (car had a 1/4 tank when we got it, we filled it up, didn't even use 1/4 tank before it broke down) plus a day rental. When we came to return the car conveniently the manager was gone and the person working didn't know anything about it. They took us back to the airport in the junk car. We are dealing with it directly through our credit card company to dispute the charges. DON'T TRY TO SAVE MONEY, JUST GET A CAR AT THE AIRPORT.

Massachusetts
reviews: 16
7. Re: Phoenix Car Rental

I did not have a really bad experience, but it wasn't great either. I would advise not to jump too quickly at what may seem to be prices much lower than national agencies (on airport or off), and ask a lot of questions.

First, these are not new or gently used cars. I would say they are somewhat roughly used cars. It's likely they've had smokers. Mine had a cracked windshield and a few obvious dents in it, a cigarette hole in the upholstery, glove compartment door fell off when you opened it, seat springs are kind of shot. If you don't mind this kind of thing, and you get a cheap quote up front, then go for it.

A couple things to watch out for: rental car taxes are high in Phoenix, period. If you return the car before 9 a.m., you have to return it to a parking lot near the airport, and you will be charged a day's parking (about $20). If you may need to extend the rental, inquire about the price -- extra days can be quite high. Best bet is rental by the week.

After this experience, if I rent again in Phoenix, I'll look for an off-airport national agency. Also, be advised that a taxi originating at the airport has an automatic minimum fare of $15 -- let's call this what it is, a surcharge. So, even if you are going only 2 miles from the airport, it will be around $25.

Olathe, Kansas...
reviews: 17
8. Re: Phoenix Car Rental

STAY AWAY FROM PHOENIX CAR RENTAL (SABAN'S) unless you have no other choice whatsoever. If you rent from them, be prepared to add fees like "$11.99 for Service and Clearning" and others that normal rental car establishments include in their price.

The cars are used pieces of crap. Their target demographic is people who cannot rent from other places due to age, lack of insurance, citizenship, etc.

BEWARE!!!

PS - They will treat you like dirt. No personality at all...

Edmonton, AB
reviews: 29
9. Re: Phoenix Car Rental

I got a Lincoln for 10 days at an off site National Agency for $290, not worth going with someone who sounds sketchy

10. Re: Phoenix Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 am, April 05, 2013