We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this a nice place?

Which Phoenix hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Caledonia, Michigan
reviews: 6
Is this a nice place?

Planning a trip in april and our vacation club sent us avalability at Pointe Resort Condominiums. Anyone know of this place? According to the map it is on E Seldon Lane in Phoenix. Please help

Tempe, Az
reviews: 28
1. Re: Is this a nice place?

This is part of the Pointe at Tapaito Cliffs resort. The condo's exact location is about a 1/2 mile south of their larger resort property that's off North 7th Street. Nice area with scenic hiking at North Mountain Park just a 1/4 mile easy walk to the west. This area in in northeast Phoenix and about 8.5 miles west of downtown Scottsdale. Two story property with 2 bedroom units with either a patio or balcony. Has 3 heated pools and jacuzzis + a tennis court. You should be pleased with this selection.

Caledonia, Michigan
2. Re: Is this a nice place?

Dave, thank you for the information :>). We are looking forward to this vacation. You are a great help

New Jersey
3. Re: Is this a nice place?

sweet-rain,

How did you like your stay at The Pointe Resort Condominiums? My vacation club also has a room there and I am considering it for February. Any likes or dislikes?

Caledonia, Michigan
4. Re: Is this a nice place?

We really did like the condo. My only complaint is that is centered in a not very nice part of town. We did not feel theatened in anyway, it was just more run down. There are not many restuarants close to the resort but Scottsdale is about a 20-30 minutes away by highway. I am planning on returning in October but this time staying in Messa if there are any places otherwise in Scottsdale. Hope you have a great time :>). We did.

New Jersey
5. Re: Is this a nice place?

So basically if we are flying in, we definitely will want to rent a car. Do you remember any nice places you visited that you would want to recommend. Any restaurants, etc.? Hopefully in the past 2 years the area has not gotten any worse than what you remember. Thanks for the reply! It had been so long I figured you would never see my post.

Tempe, Az
reviews: 28
6. Re: Is this a nice place?

This is really NOT a marginal or a bad area of Phoenix. However, the condos do face (East) some commerical type business operations that might seem a bit seedy. You will need to drive into Old Town Scottsdale (12-15 minutes) to locate many of the better restaurants. Consider a stay at the Tempe Pointe at South Mtn. location if you'd prefer a more convenient location as there's a large indoor Mall (1/4 mile away) as well as many good/excellent restaurants within less than one mile from this property and it's only 5 miles south of the Airport.

Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 1
7. Re: Is this a nice place?

We just returned from those condos last week. It was a nice place, clean etc., the main pool in the middle of the complex was the nicest, but don't think you're going to a resort. I thought the location was pretty good; everything is within 15-20 minutes. There's a great place to eat called Carolina's not far down Cave Creek Road to Cactus that is AWESOME, has the best homemade tortillas, and is really inexpensive. In Scottsdale, we ate at Nello's and had incredible pizza. We drove everywhere anyway (Sedona for the Pink Jeep experience, Tucson for the Saguaro Desert Museum, Flagstaff for the Angel's Gate Tour to the GC) so the location was great for us...close to highways, shopping, restaurants. I'd recommend it, especially for the price. Have fun!

8. Re: Is this a nice place?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 18, 2009