We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Intercon Montelucia to Old Town Scottsdale

Which Paradise Valley hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 6
Intercon Montelucia to Old Town Scottsdale

I understand the Old Town Shopping District is a 12 minute drive from the Intercon. We're big walkers - is this a walkable distance (are there sidewalks, etc.)?

Also any impressions of the area would be great!

Thanks!

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
reviews: 26
1. Re: Intercon Montelucia to Old Town Scottsdale

From your hotel to Scottsdale Fashion Square (just north of Old Town and arts district @ Camelback/Scottsdale Rd) it is about 5+ miles. The obvious walk is to go along major routes to get there, which is not the most scenic. I know there are some sidewalks, but not sure if they are all the way down Lincoln, yes on Scottsdale Rd. There are plenty of residential roads south of Camelback and west of Scottsdale Rd. that would be easier for walking and much less traffic/signals to contend with and would take about the same amount of time. It is the town of Paradise Valley with some pretty nice properties to view. Do a Google map search and click on satellite to see what you would see and choose your route that way.

Only you know how fast and easy it would be for you to walk 5 miles, visit Old Town, then walk back 5 miles. You don't say when you are visiting. If you are coming during our summer months, I wouldn't even consider it, just too dang hot!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 119
2. Re: Intercon Montelucia to Old Town Scottsdale

Time of year makes a huge difference. The walk itself is not scenic or inspiring in any way, other than the cardio benefits. And summer is NOT a good time to think about doing this. Maybe in winter, but IMO there are many more things to do with your time while visiting Scottsdale.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
reviews: 13
3. Re: Intercon Montelucia to Old Town Scottsdale

I agree with RR. Driving would be best. Both Lincoln and Scottsdale roads have heavy traffic, and I believe there are a few areas without sidewalks. You'd be walking more than 10 miles round trip, plus walking around while shopping; that's quite a trip.

If you do want to get some exercise in, the IC resort has guided walks/hikes around the Camelback area, or you can get a map and go off on your own. It's a beautiful neighborhood.

Singapore, Singapore
4. Re: Intercon Montelucia to Old Town Scottsdale

Thanks to both of you for your info! I'm actually pleasantly surprised at the response, given that there don't seem to be a lot of posts on this forum!

We'll be arriving on September 23rd, so I'm assuming the weather will be a bit more cooperative for walking....given the info you both have provided, though, I'm thinking it's pretty delusional to do the walk - maybe save that energy for climbing Camelback Mountain :-)

We're from the Boston area - Can't wait to visit - In AZ I've only been to Sedona and surroundings and Grand Canyon - both were beyond phenomenal! Can't wait to see Scottsdale!

Thank you both again for your prompt and informative responses!

Singapore, Singapore
5. Re: Intercon Montelucia to Old Town Scottsdale

Thanks to all! You've made my decision for me!

Can't wait to visit your beautiful state!

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
reviews: 26
6. Re: Intercon Montelucia to Old Town Scottsdale

Cate1010, very glad to help...late September is kind of a transition month for the heat here, enjoy the outdoors but plan any high energy activity for early morning hours. Let us know if we can be of further help as your time gets closer.

7. Re: Intercon Montelucia to Old Town Scottsdale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, January 23, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Paradise Valley