We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer to Lalomanu, getting around, food purchase

Which Lalomanu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Raglan, New Zealand
Transfer to Lalomanu, getting around, food purchase

Hi there,

My partner and I are heading to Samoa (very excited) Monday morning. We have been having trouble getting in contact with Taufua Beach Fales both via phone and facebook contacts to determine whether they run a shuttle service.

Does anyone know the best (and cheapest) way of getting to Lalomanu - Taufua Beach Fales from the airport/Apia.

We would love some information as only have one more day to sort.

We also considered hiring a vehicle but determined it was quite an expense over 8 days. Does anyone know how easy it would be to access a rental vehicle once in Lalomanu for day trips?

and/or if we would be able to get to Apia or other locations around Samoa for a day trip via other method of transport (i.e. bus/shuttle/taxi/scooter etc).

Thirdly I was wondering what our options are for snacks during the day such as fruit and other snacks...are there food stalls/ stores close to Taufua Fales ??

Thanks, we appreciate your feedback.

Regards,

Tessa.

7 replies to this topic
Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
reviews: 16
1. Re: Transfer to Lalomanu, getting around, food purchase

Malo lava Tessa

Taufua are normally pretty quick to respond so I'm not sure what's happening there. Have you tried emailing them as the phone and FB are getting any answers?

They do run a shuttle service which is around ST150 or a taxi will cost around ST120. There are always plenty of taxis whenever a plane lands.

Taufua run days trips if there are enough takers or if a staff member is going into Apia you can quite often hitch a ride. Many people do have hire cars with them so you may also be able to get a ride with someone or share expenses - I think that probably answers your question in the other thread as well.

Taufua will arrange a rental if you need one and you can always catch a local bus into town but be prepared for a full day away as the buses are very slow and only run a couple of times a day. I think the last one back is 2pm. You could take the bus in and then hire a car in Apia but you might find it difficult to get one now as it's still high tourist seasons and rentals are usually scarce. If you decide to book one do it today, have a look at Samoana Rentals, Funway Rentals, Go Rentals, Island Renta & Blue Pacific Hire Cars. You won't be left in the lurch either way, there's always someone going somewhere.

As for snacks, there's fruit for free hanging off the trees and there are little snack shops all over Samoa so you're never too far from food, or alcohol for that matter as everywhere sells it.

I hope this helps

Have a wonderful time

Fa soifua

Deb

Raglan, New Zealand
2. Re: Transfer to Lalomanu, getting around, food purchase

Thank you Deb.

I will continue to try and get in touch with Taufua beach fales directly, otherwise taxi option seems a goer!

Thanks for the info.

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
3. Re: Transfer to Lalomanu, getting around, food purchase

You're welcome Tessa.

If you have any problems the wonderful people at Taufua will be able to sort it out for you once you're there.

Please come back and tell us all about it when you return

Manuia le aso

Deb

Auckland Region...
reviews: 1
4. Re: Transfer to Lalomanu, getting around, food purchase

Hi,

I was also wondering about the transport to Taufau Fales as my plane gets in at 7pm. Also havent been able to contact them. Does anyone have an email address for them?

Do they have bottled water as I can never drink tap water in the tropics..........

Really looking forward to lazing the days away there.....sounds ideal.

Thanks.

Elaine

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 1
5. Re: Transfer to Lalomanu, getting around, food purchase

They do have bottled water, but the water there is perfectly safe, Elaine!

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
6. Re: Transfer to Lalomanu, getting around, food purchase

Malo lava Elaine

The email contact for Taufua is reservations@taufuabeachfales.ws if that doesn't bring a reply you can try ringing them on +685 8441051 which usually gets a quicker response.

Don't drink the tap water, bottled water is available everywhere in Samoa

Let me know if you have any luck with the email and ph #

Manuia le aso

Deb

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
7. Re: Transfer to Lalomanu, getting around, food purchase

I also forgot to mention Elaine, you can also try Taufua's Facebook page to contact them. Hopefully with 3 alternatives you will get a reply.

Deb

Reply to: Transfer to Lalomanu, getting around, food purchase
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted