We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OMG!!!!!!!!!--Is Aggie Greys Lagoon Resort CLOSING Down???

Which Apia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bay Of Plenty
reviews: 29
OMG!!!!!!!!!--Is Aggie Greys Lagoon Resort CLOSING Down???

Have heard a rumour here in NZ that Aggie Grey Laggon resort is closing from June till September 2009 for the filming of....."Survivor" TV show!.

This person has been told to re-book at another resort for their holiday.

Any truth????.

My travel Agent has not heard of this (yet?)

kurrajong
Destination Expert
for Samoa
reviews: 39
11. Re: OMG!!!!!!!!!--Is Aggie Greys Lagoon Resort CLOSING Down???

it's not really getting the best reviews here on trip advisor ( and is rated at 16 or 24)

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
reviews: 16
12. Re: OMG!!!!!!!!!--Is Aggie Greys Lagoon Resort CLOSING Down???

I have asked Aggie's Management to clarify this situation so please hold your panic until I get an official answer.

Thanks

Deb

Bay Of Plenty
reviews: 29
13. Re: OMG!!!!!!!!!--Is Aggie Greys Lagoon Resort CLOSING Down???

good on you Deb,

BUT unfortunately there has been HUGE talks with "Risk Managemnt teams/Air NZ etc etc" and all travel agents got the big press release here in NZ on wednesday.

Apparently just Flight Center alone have 300 bookings which are affected by this sad situation.

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
reviews: 16
14. Re: OMG!!!!!!!!!--Is Aggie Greys Lagoon Resort CLOSING Down???

Thanks rhad

I'm so sorry about it but I will find out what I can re compensation etc.

Deb

SYDNEY
15. Re: OMG!!!!!!!!!--Is Aggie Greys Lagoon Resort CLOSING Down???

Well management are lying to you.

I am a travel agent in Sydney and have clients who have booked and paid in full for july.

I recieved an email from polynesian blue on 14 MAR 09 to say the will not be held liable for what Aggie Greys is doing. Yes my client can get a refund for her accommodation BUT all her airfares are basically her/my problem.

All fees incurred by the airline will still apply and her holiday is now ruined.

I think this is one of the most appaling things I have ever seen in all my years in the industry.

I can not understand if a Wholesaler has allocation and a contract with the property, how can Aggie Greys just pull the pin after they have confirmed the booking and taken payment, surely they should have to compensate clients as travel insurance WILL NOT cover any costs in this particular situation

TRAVEL AGENT SYDNEY

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island
reviews: 152
16. Re: OMG!!!!!!!!!--Is Aggie Greys Lagoon Resort CLOSING Down???

It seems that the government is trying to keep the whole thing quiet. Hopefully this forum has blown the whole thing open. See the following link.

buddytv.com/articles/survivor/is-survivor-he…

The last post from the travel agent is interesting. Most airfares nowadays are non-refundable so it will be interesting to see what happens.

What a terrible mess - and all for a dreadful reality tv series.

SYDNEY
17. Re: OMG!!!!!!!!!--Is Aggie Greys Lagoon Resort CLOSING Down???

Travel Insurance will only cover costs if the supplier / wholesaler/airline you purchsed the travel through goes into liquidation/ bankruptcy.

In this case none of these things apply, the airline did not withdraw its services, it is still going as booked and the resort is still there and operating.

They do not cover outbidding on accommodation by a REALITY TV SHOW.

Hope this helps with where you all stand

18. Re: OMG!!!!!!!!!--Is Aggie Greys Lagoon Resort CLOSING Down???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:39 am, March 31, 2009
19. Re: OMG!!!!!!!!!--Is Aggie Greys Lagoon Resort CLOSING Down???

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:39 am, March 31, 2009
20. Re: OMG!!!!!!!!!--Is Aggie Greys Lagoon Resort CLOSING Down???

Removed on: 1:40 am, March 31, 2009