We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing Charters in Savaii

Which Savai'i hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Menzies Creek
reviews: 11
Fishing Charters in Savaii

Hello,

Does anyone know if there are any fishing charters that leave from Savaii?

Hubby and friend would like to do some fishing (i think they would prefer the bigger fish) but would be pushing it for time if they tried to get to Apia and back in a day.

Any info would help!

Corlette, Australia
11. Re: Fishing Charters in Savaii

Sue,

I'll also be on Savai'i in Sept and want to do some fishing. I'll mostly be spearfishing from shore, but would like to go out on a fishing charter at least once while I'm there. What dates will you and your hubby be there? If our dates overlap we might be able to go halves.

-Scott

kurrajong
Destination Expert
for Samoa
reviews: 45
12. Re: Fishing Charters in Savaii

Sounds great, i will personal message you with our dates for savaii.

cheers

sue

Wellington
reviews: 16
13. Re: Fishing Charters in Savaii

Hi did you have any joy booking a charter?

Was it any good? What did it cost?

We are heading there in 2012.

Many thanks

ty

Auckland
reviews: 14
14. Re: Fishing Charters in Savaii

Hi Debdestiny,

Just for future infoon the Forums - Racis beach Club in Manase does not exist any longer. They had to sell up and return to Europe for health reasons.

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
reviews: 21
15. Re: Fishing Charters in Savaii

Malo lava dayslong

That post was back in March before they closed (I think) or when it wasn't public knowledge.

Thanks anyway, will talk soon

Alofa tele

Deb

kurrajong
Destination Expert
for Samoa
16. Re: Fishing Charters in Savaii

HI just an update regarding fishing in savaii, my hubby went out with Ian from VaiMoana resort, they had an awesome day. check out VaiMoana's web page for the charter prices, they are really resaonable and the skipper Ian is fantastic!

thanks'

sue

Wellington
reviews: 16
17. Re: Fishing Charters in Savaii

I recently did the Vai Moana fishing charter in Savaii.

First up, the waters are rich in big fish, and amazingly there are no other operators out there. The locals fish inside the reef.

However...

1. Infuriatingly the Cpt wouldnt let us take our catch home. Instead he offered to give us a free lunch. On our trip we caught Wahoo, Trevally and Barracuda. He served us....you guessed it....deep fried barracuda and chips. I believe he on sells your catch. If I were you, I'd check with them before hand IN WRITING that you get to keep your fish and that they'll prep it for you.

2. When you contact them quote the prices on there website http://www.vaimoana.ws/charter-fishing.html if you don't they'll charge you more. Like they did to me.

Have fun.

kurrajong
Destination Expert
for Samoa
18. Re: Fishing Charters in Savaii

yeah we have noticed this as well ,some charters will let you take a fish home, and they keep the rest, i assume to sell,

and others its your choice,

some of the bigger compaines will only catch and release !

sue

kurrajong
Destination Expert
for Samoa
19. Re: Fishing Charters in Savaii

actually great tip about the prices, ! yes i always have a printed out copy of the current or agreed prices, as we did notice in the past that prices changed!

so agree on price and perhaps pay before you go,

sue

Oamaru, New Zealand
20. Re: Fishing Charters in Savaii

Hi Scott,

We will be going the first week in November this year. I'm a keen Spearo, so how did you get on?

Get answers to your questions about Savai'i