We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trip to Antarctic from Ushuaia?

Which Ushuaia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
los gatos, ca
reviews: 2
day trip to Antarctic from Ushuaia?

Is it possible to get a 1-day roundtrip flight from Ushuaia to the Antarctic Peninsula?

5 replies to this topic
San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
reviews: 5
1. Re: day trip to Antarctic from Ushuaia?

The only way that this would accomplished is via an air fly over.

Lunenburg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Saint John, Foz do Iguacu, Iguazu National Park
reviews: 7
2. Re: day trip to Antarctic from Ushuaia?

Judy, if you were serious about wanting to visit Antarctica, and had more time than you apparently have, cruise ships regularly cross Drake Passage from Ushuaia. They're all set up on the Antarctic side to receive guests for day excursions. (Naturally, everyone overnights on ship.)

These options are not cheap (which is why I asked whether you're serious!), but they are growing ever more popular. I've not done it, but one of my friends has, and he doesn't stop raving about it and offering to show me pictures. (Being from Canada, I don't really see what's so hot about ice and snow and people in parkas in January!) You can do it as arranged from Ushuaia, or as part of a cruise around the tip of South America.

You need several days, of course, and I've not calculated the precise amount of time you'll need. Know, though, that if you've always wanted to add Antarctica to your list of continents visited, don't mind parting with several thousand dollars per person, and will be in the Magellanic region, Antarctica is no longer merely the preserve of penguins, military, and wealthy environmentalists.

Happy travels!

David

capetien10@gmail.com

Stanley, Falkland...
reviews: 57
3. Re: day trip to Antarctic from Ushuaia?

There's also an Antarctica forum, where this sort of trip is discussed often.

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 2
4. Re: day trip to Antarctic from Ushuaia?

Not exactly what you're looking for and definitely not cheap but day trips to King George Island are possible from Punta Arenas.

www.victory-cruises.com/fly_antarctica.html

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth
reviews: 30
5. Re: day trip to Antarctic from Ushuaia?

Yes do head over to the Antarctica Forum

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowForum-g1-i12337-Antar…

I have to say tho - a one day fly in fly out trip would be the equivilent of walking into the most amazing restaurant on the entire planet - looking at the menu - ordering - and then leaving before the food is served !

Reply to: day trip to Antarctic from Ushuaia?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted