We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which side of the plane for best views?

Which Ushuaia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 11
Which side of the plane for best views?

Hi all,

Yes I know this seems like a frivolous question, but I do seem to recall reading somewhere that one side or the other of the plane on the flight into (or out of) Ushuaia gave fantastic views over the mountains. I have the option to choose which side of the plane I want to sit, so thought I'd make the most of it.

If anyone has any ideas lease let me know. Thanks

Baton Rouge...
reviews: 52
1. Re: Which side of the plane for best views?

I was on the right side of the plane in a window seat coming from El Calafate into Ushuaia and got some stunning photos of the mountains. Leaving Ushuaia for Buenos Aires I was still on the right and had a few nice photos of the coast, but the left side would give you better views of the mountains when flying out.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 11
2. Re: Which side of the plane for best views?

woohoo Thanks hummingbird! Thats exactly what I needed to know :)

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 66
3. Re: Which side of the plane for best views?

Planes land into the wind, so choosing seats on a particular side may or may not work. Winds change.

Some areas have winds that are usually from a particular direction, "prevailing winds", but I don't know if that's the case for Ushuaia.

Just wing it.

Stanley, Falkland...
reviews: 54
4. Re: Which side of the plane for best views?

I agree with 3. And I think you'll get good views whichever side you choose.

5. Re: Which side of the plane for best views?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, December 16, 2012