We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

renting warm clothing in El Calafate

Which El Calafate hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gainesville, Florida
reviews: 4
renting warm clothing in El Calafate

We are planning an excursion to the glaciers in mid-May, but we do not have warm enough clothing. We understand that appropriate footgear is available for rent, but what about other very warm outer gear for the treks? Are there rental places in El Calafate? If not, what do people do?

Washington, DC
1. Re: renting warm clothing in El Calafate

I know of one rental place. It's on the main drag, toward the west end of town, on the south side of the street. It's in a small mall, with about 6 other shops. I don't remember the name - I think it had the word tourismo in the name. The shop is about the second or third one in, on the left. I'll try to check my notes at home, and let you know the name (if I remember). I was there in late October, so I didn't need warm clothes - I took my down jacket along, but didn't use it on the minitrek. I only rented waterproof over-pants and gloves, but it looked as though the store had lots of other warm outer gear.