We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Araucana Lodge near San Martin ~ anyone know it ??

Which San Carlos de Bariloche hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
British Columbia
reviews: 73
La Araucana Lodge near San Martin ~ anyone know it ??

We are considering a couple of nights at La Araucana Lodge near San Martin thisFebruary. It's fairly expensive for our budget and I can't find much about it. There's nothing on Trip Advisor etc. We need to hear from someone who knows this lodge.

rosario
1. Re: La Araucana Lodge near San Martin ~ anyone know it ??

Hi, I know this lodge!! And as you said, It´s quite expensive, that´s correct, but it´s also the best place to stay in San Martin de los Andes.

Did you seed the web page?

It´s http://www.laaraucanalodge.com/

My name is Pilar and i´m actually a friend of the owner.

You shoul send them an e-mail, and tell them that I recomended the place to you.

Good luck!!! And you will love Patagonia!!!

British Columbia
2. Re: La Araucana Lodge near San Martin ~ anyone know it ??

Hello Pilar : Thanks for your reply. After we posted our message we decided to book 2 nights at La Araucana Lodge even though we never could learn more about it. Their web page photos make it look very beautiful and we are excited to be staying there. I wonder if it has only been opened for a short while ? There is nothing anywhere on the internet about it.

rosario
3. Re: La Araucana Lodge near San Martin ~ anyone know it ??

Hi Galiano, how are you?.

I´ve been going to La Araucana for about 5 or 6 years now.

No one has heard from It because it´s the first year that´s it´s open to turists.

I really think you´ve made a great choice by staying there, it´s a beautifull place!!!. One of the best in San Martín de los Andes, for sure!!!.

If you want any other advise from Patagonia, just let me know (we go there every summer)

And sorry for my english, I haven´t written it in years!!!.

Good luck, and good bye!!!

Pilar

British Columbia
4. Re: La Araucana Lodge near San Martin ~ anyone know it ??

Hello Pilar :

I am thinking of buying a fishing outfit while we are in Bariloche and would like to try fishing while at La Araucana Lodge. Is it possible to do this without hiring a guide ?

We will be in Villa la Angostura for 5 days and I'd also like to try fishing near there too.

Also golf ! !

rosario
5. Re: La Araucana Lodge near San Martin ~ anyone know it ??

Hi Galiano, you can do all that you want, and more!!! sure.

You should write my brother, he was a fly fhishing guide in Tierra del Fuego, far more south (miguelcarreras@hotmail.com).

In most of the lakes and rivers of Patagonia you are only allowed to do fly fishing.

If you do that, you should bring you own outfit, because I think It´s more expensive if you want to buy it here in Argentina.

If you want to play golf you there are 2 beautifull courses: In San Martín de los Andes, you have: Chapelco Golf Club, the first golf course in South America designed by Jack Nicklaus, and in Bariloche you have: Arelauquen Golf & Country Club (search both in the net, and ask them for green fees, because I know that 1 day a week is more cheap (for example: wednesdays).

I also recomend POLO!!! If you like it, we have the best polo in the world in Argentina, there´s a summer tournament in Arelauquen, and I think you will enjoy it: arelauquen.com/envios/…index_2.htm

Ok, any other thing you need to know, just write me back.

Bye!!!

6. Re: La Araucana Lodge near San Martin ~ anyone know it ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, August 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about San Carlos de Bariloche