We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

favorite nature hikes in the Bariloche area

Which San Carlos de Bariloche hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Coconut Creek...
reviews: 239
favorite nature hikes in the Bariloche area

I am planning on visiting Bariloche and Villa Angostura the last week of November,2006. Which nature trails in the area are your favorite.?I prefer moderate hikes of less than ten kilometers.Which trails are accessible by public transportation in this vicinity?

Bariloche
reviews: 14
1. Re: favorite nature hikes in the Bariloche area

you should do Peninsula Quetrihué at Villa La Angostura, a trail of 14 kms...on the way back to Angostura you can take the catamaran

another good hike is at Cerro Otto...5 km from Bariloche, you take the cable to the top...and from there there are a couple of good hikes

Bariloche
2. Re: favorite nature hikes in the Bariloche area

In the Bariloche area I highly recommend the 'Cascada de los Duendes' in the Los Coihues area, on the edge of Lake Gutierrez. You can get there by public bus. Stunning scenery....Lake, stream, forest full of pine and bamboo, to a waterfall......you can do a short walk, or carry on about 5-10km steadily uphill to the Refugio Frey, which is on the edge of Cerro Catedral. But it´s all relatively easy walking along well-marked trails . And you won´t come across too many other people as no tour buses go there.

Coconut Creek...
reviews: 239
3. Re: favorite nature hikes in the Bariloche area

Thank you. I also liked the hike up the Mirador in the Los Ciuhues area. The views of the Andean mountains and lakes were splendid from up above. The Mirador hike is about 2 kilometers roundtrip from the nearby campground in the vicinity of Duendes Cascadas.

4. Re: favorite nature hikes in the Bariloche area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 16, 2009
Get answers to your questions about San Carlos de Bariloche