We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bariloche end of June/early July

Which San Carlos de Bariloche hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Buenos Aires...
reviews: 1
Bariloche end of June/early July

Hello all!

I will be in Bariloche around the end of June and early July. I am not a skiier. Will there still be plenty for me to see and do? Thanks!

Munich, Germany
reviews: 66
1. Re: Bariloche end of June/early July

yes, there is a lot to do! it depends on your interest. In the center of town in bariloche, there are some tourist offices that offer all sorts of tours - some are sport related others are day tours such as horse back riding - you name it, it's there. You could wait until you get there and then see what the options are if you don't mind not planning ahead.

The horse back riding is nicely done for tourists - many combine it with a traditional asado so it's a great experience and as authentic as you might get, if you don't know any locals...

Bariloche has several small breweries which I think are interesting. If you are into beer, research some brew tours or the such.

Day trips are possible - you can see the 7 lakes, which are beautiful, San Martin de Los Andes, Villa La Angostura, Cerro Tronador, and El Bolson (which has a artisinal market on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday) ... Colonia Suiza is very close and interesting too. Very neat houses/architecture, some quirky cafes, and generally just a nice drive...

I am quite sure the chair lifts at Cerro Campanario & Cerro Otto would be open in the winter for non-skiers. If its a clear day, the views are stunning

If you are interested in trying your hand at either skiing or snow boarding, I would say that Bariloche is not a bad place to learn, or at least try it. In comparison to Switzerland where I have been living for the past few years, the altitude is much lower, and the slopes are (I think) less intimidating. It would be cheaper too. The snow quality isn't perfect but if you are just learning or want to give it a go for fun, then you wont mind too much! :)

If you like chocolate : there is a chocolate museum and also a chocolate factory both worth checking out. The many chocolate shops are worth trying too ;) Bariloche is also known for great ice cream... why not taste test ;)

2. Re: Bariloche end of June/early July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 01, 2014