We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bariloche Economy Trip

Which San Carlos de Bariloche hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Buenos Aires/Florida
Bariloche Economy Trip

Ive been in Buenos Aires for 2 and a half months so far and I am planning on taking a trip to Bariloche leaving BA on a bus friday the 27th arriving in Bariloche sat, skiing sunday monday and tuesday and leaving on a bus back to BA on tuesday afternoon at 530pm. My goal is to spend the least amount of money possible. The busses are 193 pesos each way, which is about 400 pesos for bus fares. On the cerro catedral website it says 345 for 3 days for "passes." Does this include lift tickets? If not, how much are lift tickets per day. Other than that, Im going to be eating as cheaply as I possibly can, and staying at an inexpensive hostel. What inexpensive hostels do you recommend? What other tips for spending as little money possible while fitting 3 days of skiing do you have?

Summary: Round trip bus from BA to Bariloche

Skiing 3 days

3 Nights in hostel

Thanks for any imput you have!

Germany
reviews: 1
1. Re: Bariloche Economy Trip

There's a public bus operating from Bariloche to Catedral (3 pesos).

The cheapest hosterias are neither in Bariloche nor in Catedral along Burillo (spelling?) road.

I didn't check the Catedral website but what else should be the "passes" for than the skiing lift? Imo a place where you have to pay separately for the lift and the slope would be beyond all logics.

London, United...
reviews: 18
2. Re: Bariloche Economy Trip

I think the passes are the lift tickets. That prices sounds about right. YOu will be arriving in the highest of the high season, so things won't be cheap.

There are lots of hostels. There is also at least one Hostelling International hostel in Bariloche. Maybe check the Hostelling website?

You can get to the ski resort by bus, there are two routes and they are $3.50 pesos each way.

3. Re: Bariloche Economy Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, September 05, 2009
Get answers to your questions about San Carlos de Bariloche