We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Antonio de Los Cobres to San Pedro de Atacama

Which Salta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide
reviews: 48
San Antonio de Los Cobres to San Pedro de Atacama

We want to take public transport (bus) in late April/early May from San Antonio de Los Cobres to San Pedro de Atacama. Are there any regular buses?

Salta, Argentina
reviews: 4
1. Re: San Antonio de Los Cobres to San Pedro de Atacama

Dear, there is no direct public transport from San Antonio de los Cobres to San Pedro de Atacama.

You should come back to Salta to take the bus to SPA, check here

www.sanpedroatacama.com/ingles/llegar2.htm

I hope this helps you.

Warm regards.

David

Adelaide
reviews: 48
2. Re: San Antonio de Los Cobres to San Pedro de Atacama

Thank you very much. Regards Gilbert

Argentina
reviews: 26
3. Re: San Antonio de Los Cobres to San Pedro de Atacama

If I were you I would choose Purmamarca better, much nicer tha San antonio de los Cobres and much nicer than SP de Atacama. And cheaper also! YOu can take a bus to Purmamarca take a night there and he next day arrenge starting to SP de Atacama from PUrmamarca. BUt you have to have everythiong arranged from SALTA. with PUllman or Geminis...

Warm regards,

Angie/Giena

San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
reviews: 97
4. Re: San Antonio de Los Cobres to San Pedro de Atacama

Just to correct the above:

You need to prebook your ticket out of Purmamarca as the buses fill up quickly. People were having to wait a week to get a reservation. True this was in Jan when all the dreadlock brigade was on the move.

The route is now served by Andesmar and can be booked online. Being Chilean companis, the other two can't as they don't take foreign ccs.

England
reviews: 1
5. Re: San Antonio de Los Cobres to San Pedro de Atacama

Hi,

Just a quick question about the EX Bed service and SC Semi Bed?

I would like to buy the EX Bed service but it is on the lower floor?

Is it good?

or maybe I should get the SC semi bed on the upper floor?

any comments

Argentina
reviews: 26
6. Re: San Antonio de Los Cobres to San Pedro de Atacama

You do not have much to choose.... or Geminis or Pullman, And you do not need a Cama bus as the tris is during the day.

Angie/Giena

England
7. Re: San Antonio de Los Cobres to San Pedro de Atacama

Thanks Giena,

Do Geminis or Pullman also offer on-line booking in advance? Not sure if we can book the seats with Pullman or Geminis on our arrival? I am worried we can't book the seat on the day we want.

I know they run the bus 3 times each week? how many buses do they run on the day?

England
8. Re: San Antonio de Los Cobres to San Pedro de Atacama

Just noticed that Londinense already answered my question. The bus fare of Andesmar is more expensive than other two ( Geminis or Pullman).

It is about USD40 from salta to Atacama

9. Re: San Antonio de Los Cobres to San Pedro de Atacama

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 26, 2012