We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salta-Private Guide David Martinez

Which Salta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 24
Salta-Private Guide David Martinez

We were very lucky to have found David Martinez to show us areas of Salta Province on the road north of Salta city. Watching the scenery unfold on the road through the rain forest and desert on the way to Purmamarca, David was full of information and appreciation for the landscape and the people. We continued on to Salinas through remarkable scenery. David is an excellent driver, and made sure we were comfortable at the high altitudes. David knows the best places to pull off the road for photos, and even helped us take some entertaining shots on the salt flats. He knows very good places to stop for meals too.

In Tilcara, David's explanations were thorough, and he answered many, many questions. We continued on through the area called Painter's Palette and to the Tropic of Capricorn. All through the route we had interesting conversations and listed to the music of the region.

Before you travel to Salta, you could consult David about places to stay overnight, and you could trust his judgement.

Don't forget to appreciate the sky throughout your tour!

Buenos Aires...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Salta-Private Guide David Martinez

and more good comments!! thank you for sharing!! it will help other travelers. Salta is beautiful.

Salta, Argentina
reviews: 4
2. Re: Salta-Private Guide David Martinez

Dear Micki, thank you so much for your post, I just try to give the people the best impression of the NW of Argentina, so glad you enjoyed your time here.

I go very often to the same places but I will never be bored of seeing such a wonderful places, mostly because every time I go there is always with very nice people like you!

Thank you again.

David

Tunbridge Wells
reviews: 81
3. Re: Salta-Private Guide David Martinez

We had David as a guide and driver for 6 nights 2 years ago when we visited the Salta region and he was excellent.

He became a very good friend and we have kept in touch since. We are pleased that he is providing the same high level of service to others.

San Carlos de...
reviews: 1
4. Re: Salta-Private Guide David Martinez

I

I have as well a very good experience with driver David. I did the trip to Pumamarca and Salinas Grandes: beautiful landscapes. I took many pictures, and it was no problem for David to stop. He is a relaxed and a good driver! The car is a good one: Citroen i thougth (i don't know the exact model). For everyone who is in doubt to go with driver David. Dont worry: all circumstances are good to have a very good trip with david: good driver, good car, beautiful landscapes.....and when you are lucky Good wheather;)

Greets,

Jan

reviews: 10
5. Re: Salta-Private Guide David Martinez

I'd also like to offer my praise for David, who took my husband and me around Salta/Purmamarca for a very quick trip in December 2010. David was very knowledgable about the region and engaging, and we thoroughly enjoyed talking with him, seeing the beautiful sights and catching off-the-track places I believe we would have never traveled to with a big tour company. Two huge thumbs up.

6. Re: Salta-Private Guide David Martinez

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, October 18, 2012