We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HoHoKam Park to Sky Harbor Airport on a Friday afternoon

Which Mesa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 4
HoHoKam Park to Sky Harbor Airport on a Friday afternoon

Hi, I have purchased tickets for my family to see the Cubs at HoHoKam Park during spring training. Game starts at 1:05pm. Our flight out is at 6:50pm. We will have a rental car to return. Two questions: what kind of rush hour traffic am I looking at to get from the park to the airport? Mapquest says 11.5 miles, 15 minutes but I know better... Second, how easy to navigate is this airport? We are flying into McCarran in LV so departure will be our first contact with Sky Harbor. I want to make sure we have enough time to get where we need to go. Scheduling is not ideal but that is the game the "boys" want to seeso I hope you won't tell me we need to leave before the end of the 3rd inning in order to make our flight. Thanks!

Mesa, Arizona
1. Re: HoHoKam Park to Sky Harbor Airport on a Friday afternoon

I just typed a long reply, but I don't see it... :( I would consider leaving Mesa at 4pm to allow enough time to arrive at your gate. Enjoy the game and go Cubbies!

Tempe, AZ
2. Re: HoHoKam Park to Sky Harbor Airport on a Friday afternoon

Friday afternoon is one of the worst times for traffic, but since you have more than 1 person you can use the carpool lane. Shouldn't take more than 30 minutes.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
reviews: 60
3. Re: HoHoKam Park to Sky Harbor Airport on a Friday afternoon

Another factor that would lean towards zstruck's reply is that security at the airport is very busy at that time as well. Allow 1/2 hour to return the rental car and take the shuttle to the terminal.

4. Re: HoHoKam Park to Sky Harbor Airport on a Friday afternoon

Thank you for this very helpful info! The tickets arrived in the mail today :-) Now if I could decide where to stay...LOL i'm wishing money trees thrived up here in the North...

Edited: 7:20 pm, January 24, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
5. Re: HoHoKam Park to Sky Harbor Airport on a Friday afternoon

Check out some hotels on VisitMesa.com/baseball If you need suggestions for particular locations or amenities I'd be happy to assist. Have a safe trip.

6. Re: HoHoKam Park to Sky Harbor Airport on a Friday afternoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:25 am, March 12, 2013