We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how do I see igusssu falls both sides in one day

London, United...
how do I see igusssu falls both sides in one day

Hello,

I will be staying in the Brazilan side of the falls down town for 2 nights.

How can I see both sides of the falls my self with out a tour, and in one day ?

Or I will have to split one full day for Argentian side and half a day for the Brazilian side.

Problem is how do I get to the falls and see both sides my self? Is the a website and map with entrance fees, instructions etc

Lunenburg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Saint John, Foz do Iguacu, Iguazu National Park
reviews: 7
1. Re: how do I see igusssu falls both sides in one day

You should have no problem doing both in one day, except that it may be exhausting for you if the weather is very hot.

I always suggest starting with the Brazilian side first thing in the morning. You can get there by bus, taxi or, if you are taking the Macuco boat ride in the Iguasu River below the falls, Macuco will send its bus to pick you up at your hotel, free.

After you eat lunch in the Brazilian restaurant looking out upon the grand falls, take a taxi to the Argentine falls. If you have just one day, it would probably waste too much time to do this by bus, since you have to go 20 km from the Brazilian National Park, back to the Brazilian city of Foz do Iguaçu, then across the bridge and another 15 km to the Argentine National Park.

To enter Argentina, you must pay a costly arrival tax if you're Canadian, Australian, or a US passport holder. Check your country's foreign affairs travel website for the formalities that may apply to you.

Also, you have to pay separately the admission prices to get into the Brazilian park and again into the Argentine park.

Happy travels!

David

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
2. Re: how do I see igusssu falls both sides in one day

You can visit the Brazialian side in the morning, then get a bus to the Bourbon hotel, the bus stop is across from the visitors centre, there will be a lot of tourists on the bus doing the same route so you can join up with others like we did and get a taxi from there to the Argentinian side, you'll see there's a lot of taxis waiting for the bus.

London, United...
3. Re: how do I see igusssu falls both sides in one day

Hi thanks for the feed back.

I will be there end of October this year for 2.5 day so 2 nights in total.

What I may do is the Argentinian side for a whole day and on the next day before my evening flight 8pm I could do the Brazilian side in the morning?

I may have to book it as tour to save the any hassles unless you think its not worth it?

Also do I need a visa if Im an EU passport holder when visiting the Argentine side from Brazil?

Miami, Florida
reviews: 5
4. Re: how do I see igusssu falls both sides in one day

I've booked the Orient Express on the Brazilian side so that we can see the falls in the morning. I arrive on a Thursday at 6pm.

What I plan to do is leave right after sunrise the next day and hit the Argentinian side in full swing and head to the airport at 12:00pm for my 1:45pm.

Will this work?

Our main thing is we want to do the Boat ride and Devil's throat. I am hoping the planned itinerary works.

This way, you can see both sides in a matter of 5 hours.......

Lunenburg, Canada
Destination Expert
5. Re: how do I see igusssu falls both sides in one day

Five hours!? That's TIGHT!

Will you have time to squeeze in a boat ride when you have a flight leaving the Argentine airport (IGR) at 1:45 p.m.?

Remember that aside from finding a boat ride starting at a convenient hour, you'have another problem. The boats travel directly beneath some of the smaller falls. The guests get thoroughly drenched.

Be sure to bring a supply of zip-lock plastic baggies, the kind large enough to hold your passports, important travel documents, and wallets, and also big bags for cameras. If not, expect your vital papers to get dripping wet.

The best view of the grand falls from below is from Brazil, upstream from the Brazilian hotel. The closest you can get to the grand falls is an observation platform on the Argentine side, above the falls, reached by a half-mile catwalk out over the river.

It sounds like you've got a trip over the international bridge and a border crossing in addition to visits to two national parks. The last thing you'll want is delays at the border. If you're a US passport holder, remember that to enter Argentina, you'll need proof of pre-payment of the Argentine arrival tax, the Reciprocity Fee, in addition to your passports. Pay the Reciprocity Fee over the internet by credit card well in advance, print out the receipt of payment, and put the receipts in your passports where the border patrol will find them right away.

Miami, Florida
reviews: 5
6. Re: how do I see igusssu falls both sides in one day

David - thanks for the reply!

I am not too worried about getting wet right before our flight at 1:45 pm :)

What I am worried about is whether we will be able to get on one of the earlier boats. Can we expect long delays/lines in the early morning on the Argentinian side? Any way to book the boat ahead of time?

Here is the rough schedule I am thinking of in my head:

Leave Orient Express - 7:00am

Arrive at Iguazu National Park on the Argentinian side - 8:00am (wishful thinking?)

Boat ride - 8:30am

Boat ride finish - 9:30am

That leaves us with 2.5 hours to see the rest of the Argentinian side before making our way to the airport.

Your comments/feedback would be very much appreciated!

Lunenburg, Canada
Destination Expert
7. Re: how do I see igusssu falls both sides in one day

I'd be surprised if there were long lines for the boat that early in the morning. Are you sure they fave a departure at 8:30 a.m.?

London, United...
8. Re: how do I see igusssu falls both sides in one day

As an EU passport holder do I need to pay any extra fees when crossing from Brazilan side to see the Agentinian side?

9. Re: how do I see igusssu falls both sides in one day

Your problem is not going to be the long line, rather not enough people. Because they wouldn't launch the boat until it is full, same thing as to the train rides. You may not have many people show up that early, of course, there are long lines later when everybody do shows up.

Just came back last Friday.

10. Re: how do I see igusssu falls both sides in one day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 26, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Iguazu National Park