We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shearton Iguazu

UK
reviews: 6
Shearton Iguazu

Just a note to anyone considering this hotel. We were there last week. We were planning on staying here but I am so glad wed didn't. We visited with the intention of having lunch. All I can say is, avoid it. The place is a complete building site. The staff members were particularly unfriendly also. The place was full of overweight Americans (not a sleight, just an observation) And it's just so sterile; the place has no character at all, in fact, it should be pulled down in my opinion as it's just a huge blot on the landscape.

Do yourself a favour and stay in Puerto Iguazu. It's 15 mins away in a cab ride and has more to offer in my opinion. We stayed at the ridiculously good value and very nice Esturion where the hotel was plush and the staff were great. It cost us 50 pesos for a round trip to the park.

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 15
1. Re: Shearton Iguazu

I stayed at the Esturion last week too!! How ironic. Anyway, back in 2004, I stayed at the Sheraton. The rooms there were pretty nice and the views were great. I guess it was nice staying right inside of the park because it was easy to wake up, get a quick breakfast and then hit the trails. But other than that, it was just as nice staying at the Esturion. It wasn't my favorite hotel, but the staff was great and the breakfast was awesome!!

Seattle, WA
reviews: 30
2. Re: Shearton Iguazu

Major construction for sure however, the staff was very friendly especially shouting over a jack hammer - not kidding. The hotel has got to renovate every so often but they should certainly warn people and reduce rates. Look for a big price increase when they finish because it will be a very nice place.

Two important things if you do stay there: The restaurant in the park has an excellent buffet and gets you away from the hotel. Also, taxi fares into town are sky high - leading to thoughts of being trapped on a cruise ship. Don't panic. Look around the area near the park entrance between the hotel and the park restaurant for the public bus! Yep, that's something nobody will tell you about but it's how the employees get back and forth to work. The schedule is clearly posted by the bus stop.

reviews: 24
3. Re: Shearton Iguazu

Some observations need not be shared, Matt. I find your remark offensive.

Buenos AIres
reviews: 2
4. Re: Shearton Iguazu

Hi there Roco ! (Un abrazo !)

Santi

Matt, why did you need to be ofensive? Even Uncle will pull your years bad boy :(.

That being said, I enjoyed your blog.

UK
5. Re: Shearton Iguazu

I don't know why you found it offensive. If I'd observed a hotel full of skinny Americans would it have offended you?

Portland
6. Re: Shearton Iguazu

I did not think the Sheraton was that bad... after all, it does have the most amazing views! and the rooms are comfy. However, I did like the Iguazu Grand much, much better and its better located, in my opinion.

reviews: 24
7. Re: Shearton Iguazu

Well my friend who is a dentist noticed some interesting smiles from British tourists in Sitges. No slight from him either, Matt. Just an observation!

UK
8. Re: Shearton Iguazu

Touche - as he could see their teeth, they must have been smiling - so they probably were British. All the Americans I saw at the Sheraton were grimacing...something about the buffet not being big enough...... ;)

(Before anyone else starts crying, I'm half American and this is all very tongue in cheek!)

Buenos AIres
reviews: 2
9. Re: Shearton Iguazu

A fat (big butt)local maybe called "siete culos" if VERY fat: " Catorce culos" ..if you do whisper him that in his ears ..he might break your own culo.

That being said, culo is a bad word very frequently used.

Get answers to your questions about Iguazu National Park