We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seven days in the Province of Misiones - What to do?

Which Province of Misiones hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cahors, France
reviews: 1
Seven days in the Province of Misiones - What to do?

We will be arriving in Iguazu from Salta after a 4 week trip. We have one week left before returning to Buenos Aires. We would appreciate any help in how to spend that time. We want to see the falls from both sides but after that we are not sure what to do. We had thought about Posadas and Ibera Wetlands. Is it feasible to do both. The lodges in Ibera are costly, so any ideas on a budget (US$75 - 100 for a double per night) places to stay would be helpful. Thanks to all who read and reply to the posts.

3 replies to this topic
Barcelona, Spain
1. Re: Seven days in the Province of Misiones - What to do?

Hi,

We were there in August and we visited Misiones and Iberá. I think you have enough time, take two days in Misiones and two/three in Iberá.

We booked the hotel there and it was cheaper than by internet. We stayed in Ñande Reta and it's a very nice place.

Maect

www.unmundoparaviajarlo.com

Philadelphia...
2. Re: Seven days in the Province of Misiones - What to do?

We just spent three days at Estancia San Juan Poriahú in northern Corrientes (quite close to Posadas, in the esteros del Iberá, a phenomenal wetland / wildlife area) and I would go back in a heartbeat - the owner is a walking encyclopedia, the place is gorgeous, and it was very reasonably priced: US$120 per person per day for lodging, food, drink and all activities. He charges at the official exchange rate. If you are able to buy pesos at the parallel market, this works out at about US$70 per day.

I would also recommend visiting the Missions - they are really cool - but skip Saltos del Moconá

Cahors, France
reviews: 1
3. Re: Seven days in the Province of Misiones - What to do?

Thank you for your very helpful posts.

Cheers

Reply to: Seven days in the Province of Misiones - What to do?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Province of Misiones