We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions -- prices and agencies

Which Mendoza hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North Carolina
Excursions -- prices and agencies

I am heading with my girlfriend to Mendoza for four days. We are going to do the full-day wine tour one day, and want to do excursions all of the other day: hiking, rafting, horseback riding, paragliding, and possibly mountainbiking. Does anyone have information on average prices for these sorts of things, and would it be better (and/or cheaper) to book them ahead of time or wait until I get there? We'll be there in December. Thanks!

durham nc
reviews: 4
1. Re: Excursions -- prices and agencies

We went horsebackriding in the mountains near Mendoza (Uspallata Valley) with Leonora Boehler with TosoBoehler selective tours. All day price was $130 us per person and worth every penny.

Fabulous Asado in the mountains with wine. Leonora plans for everything. Had sunscreen, bottled water, whatever we needed.

Unbelievable time. I did not take my good camera as we stayed most of our trip in Buenos Aires but there were National Geographic moments.Magnificent views.

They also arrange fishing and whitewater rafting I think.

Buenos Aires...
reviews: 82
2. Re: Excursions -- prices and agencies

Im not very good with pricing information, since the wineries always take us around Mendoza and we are guests. However, I do suggest you book in advance, so that you are assured a slot in whichever activity you are looking for. If you just show up and dont have a reservation, you may be left out. Ive seen happen especially with horseback riding and rafting programs. I dont think its worth it to roll the dice.

Ive heard good things about the Boher company mentioned above.

Also, I want to share that Ive had less than optimal experiences with Argentina Rafting. They really messed up on the last trip I was in Mendoza, I was with a group of Wine Industry people (we were guests of a large wine & licor distributor) and they did a poor job organizing things. The activities themselves were fine, but they had the Spa Group waiting for 3 hours to get their treatments, the folks that wanted to ride horses got left out, etc.

3. Re: Excursions -- prices and agencies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 pm, August 24, 2009