We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The best things to do?

Which Mendoza hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
The best things to do?

I will be in Mendoza 3 full days. How to spend my time there better?

1. I thought of spending one day driving between wineries, one day - rafting. What to do the third day?

2. Is is true that wineries are closed on weekends? My days are: Fri, Sat, Sun

3. Do I need to call them in advance for an appointment - Frommers strongly suggest to do it.

4. Are there any "must visit" wineries? I don't need any tours as I've been in wineries in other places and they all show the same.

5. Where is the best place to raft? I would like the most difficult route available.

6. Wife does not want to go rafting. What program can I offer her instead? :-)

7. Should I expect problems finding a car with automatic transmission for rent?

Thank you

Buenos Aires...
reviews: 1
1. Re: The best things to do?

the third day you could go to an estancia, or do a mountian excursion.

Some wineries are closed on weekends, yes. You do need to make appointments for most wineries. I have had to leave a few times because I did not make an appointment. And the lady said "sorry"...

some must see wineries are: Terrazas, Catena Zapata, Dolium, Ruca Malen, Chakana, Séptima, Carlos Pulenta, Norton, and Altavista.

While you go rafting, your wife could go to another vineyard, hang around the hotel's pool, or go shopping! Mendoza has nice souveniers and markets.

I don't think there are automatic cars for rent. I know they don't have them in Patagonia, but I'm not 100% sure about Mendoza. Have fun!!

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 1
2. Re: The best things to do?

Second Illana's advice, but throw in an alternative for an excursion for the wife: www.termascacheuta.com

As far as rafting, Río Mendoza is where its at. I used www.riosandinos.com. Their price included hotel pickup & dropoff. Rapids are Class 3/4 in summer, 2/3 in winter. The water is scalp-tingling cold, so be prepared!

New Jersey
3. Re: The best things to do?

Illana, are those wineries along the same road?

Where I can find their phone numbers to make an appointment? Do I have to call each winery individually? How far in advance I need to call?

4. Re: The best things to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:22 pm, August 19, 2009