We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus Mendoza to Hotel Ski Portillo

Which Mendoza hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
reviews: 17
Bus Mendoza to Hotel Ski Portillo

Hello everybody! Does anyone know if the bus between Mendoza and Santiago in Chile, or the companies Andesmar Coitram to the Hotel Ski Portillo? Thank you.

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
reviews: 5
1. Re: Bus Mendoza to Hotel Ski Portillo

Contact the ski area and they will give you a list of transport possiblities.

Mendoza, Argentina
2. Re: Bus Mendoza to Hotel Ski Portillo

All the international-route bus companies doing the route should accommodate a request to let you off after the border entry at Los Libertadores (they will not be happy about doing this before the border crossings), but the ones with the bigger buses would probably not be happy as they have to pull off the switchbacks and open the luggage compartment.

It would be easier for some of the smaller buses or the vans, such as COITRAM or some of the smaller agencies with offices between Platforms 12 and 22 at the Mendoza Bus Terminal have, to arrange, talk to them. They often have seats availalbe right until the last minute, but best to go to the terminal and buy once you get to Mendoza to be sure.

Ski areas , as elsewhere, often have dunderheads answering the phone, and their English may be bad or non-existent. Also, latinos do not like answering emails generally. Talking face-to-face cuts down communication difficulties.

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 67
3. Re: Bus Mendoza to Hotel Ski Portillo

Portillo is right on the road to Santiago, in Chile just after the border crossing. There's room to pull over a van or bus there. I know; that's where I jumped off a van, going west.

At the Mendoza bus station, it was easy to find a company willing to sell me a ticket to Portillo. The first company that approached me (they will find you) offered Santiago, I countered Portillo, and immediately I had a ticket.

Expect to spend a lot of time at the border crossing. I waited three hours in a short line that barely moved. Not the best welcome into Chile...

Denver, Colorado
reviews: 1
4. Re: Bus Mendoza to Hotel Ski Portillo

Hello! If you want to be dropped off at Portillo its better the minibuses that run between Santiago and Mendoza. At least during the ski season these will enter in the parking lot while the bigger buses like Andesmar would not.

Try the following, you'll need to speak Spanish to reserve.

Nevada +56 (2) 2776 41 16

Coitran +56 (2) 2776 18 91

Radio Móvil +56 (2) 2776 43 30

Mendoza, Argentina
5. Re: Bus Mendoza to Hotel Ski Portillo

Yes, but be careful. Some are special routes for foreigners, especially visa-runners, and are outrageously expensive.. Compare prices, the trips in the minibuses should actually be cheaper than the regular big buses.

6. Re: Bus Mendoza to Hotel Ski Portillo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, December 16, 2013