We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buenor Aires for the art nouveau architecture

Which Province of Buenos Aires hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 79
Buenor Aires for the art nouveau architecture

Anyone with a thing for art nouveau architecture should know that the wealthy of Buenos Aires were as fashionable at the turn of the century as they are today and commissioned buildings in this fashionable style.

Many of the best "art nouveau" buildings are near the Congresso. Many are unmaintained, but glorious despite the dirt. You will think you are in Brussels, or Prague. Almost every block in this district looks as though it was in Paris, Beaux-Artes with the occasional exhuberant punctuation of an arte nouveau or succession building.

they looked like the architect trained in the great schools of imperial Paris or Vienna, which they probably did. Before immigrating to make their fortunes in Buenos Aires.

Odd how little I was able to find on this in the way of an English guide book or map.

oops. spelled the title wrong and can't see how to edit it. let that be a lesson to me about reviewing while jet-lagged.

Edited: 8:08 pm, December 18, 2011
Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
reviews: 17
1. Re: Buenor Aires for the art nouveau architecture

I agree, the architecture here is wonderful !

I have lived here for almost 5 years now and still enjoy walking and discovering amazing looking buildings.

My building was designed by an Argentine who trained in Paris.

There are many buildings and parks designed by French ( French inspired ) architects and landscape designers here ..

2. Re: Buenor Aires for the art nouveau architecture

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, March 04, 2013