We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short Buenos Aries trip report.

Which Buenos Aires hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, United...
reviews: 14
Short Buenos Aries trip report.

Just finishing a wonderful four day stay in this lovely city.

Must admit to being slightly apprehensive before coming but I have nothing but praise for the city and its people.

Eating out is superb and unbelievably cheap by European standards. People are friendly and helpful. The sights are something else. Recommend Recoleta, La Caminito, Boca tour, the port area is fantastic and very modern. For those of you that like shopping then you won't be disappointed.

I changed money along Florida Street, found a small booth at the bottom of Galeria Colon. Got 8 pesos for $1 which meant I was getting an incredible 12 pesos to £1, approx 50% better than the official bank rate. Don't be scared about doing this, it's a way of life here and it's not like you are doing anything illegal. You may be able to get a better rate but I was more than pleased with what I got and the exchange shop was safer than doing it on the street.

I used the subway on several occasions. It was cheap and efficient. Travelled to and from River Plate stadium for the Argentina v Columbia game using it, no problems.

I used the open top bus tours to take me to the major sites. I felt this was good value for money and it certainly gives you an idea of just how big Buenos Aries is. If anyone needs any reassurances about visiting then just ask. Don't forget I'm from the UK so we do have a bit of history with the Argentinians, but I cannot speak highly enough of the city and the people. Walking around it reminds me very much of New York.

I never felt threatened or unsafe on one single occasion. It is a beautiful city, I will return one day.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 125
1. Re: Short Buenos Aries trip report.

Thanks for your report, good tips for anyone planninfg a future trip, we were a bit nervous about changing money in Florida street so glad to know it's safe to do this.

San Miguel de...
reviews: 35
2. Re: Short Buenos Aries trip report.

Just exactly the way I felt on my last visit there. BsAs is truly one of the great cities of the world.

Punta del Este...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Punta del Este
3. Re: Short Buenos Aries trip report.

Thanks for the helpful report.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
reviews: 668
4. Re: Short Buenos Aries trip report.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your report with us and I hope you come back soon. Buenos Aires is a fabulous city as you discovered.

WDC
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
reviews: 42
5. Re: Short Buenos Aries trip report.

So nice to have a positive and useful TR...thank you for posting it, FABWBA.

Where did you find the shopping most enticing ? And what interesting foods did you like the most ? it's winter, so I (a summer visitor) am curious about that.

Buenos Aires...
reviews: 40
6. Re: Short Buenos Aries trip report.

just to clarify: yes, you are doing something illegal by changing money on the unofficial rate. of course, that doesn't mean you shouldn't do it. it is easier and more convenient.

Boulder, Colorado
reviews: 213
7. Re: Short Buenos Aries trip report.

I'm always grateful when someone takes the time to report on their stay and when they've had a wonderful time, it's "icing on the cake".

Glad you agree with many of us.......and DO return soon. BA gets "in your blood".

Birmingham, United...
8. Re: Short Buenos Aries trip report.

Thank you for clarifying that. It was thanks to the information on this board that I managed to make my stay so wonderful and cheap!

9. Re: Short Buenos Aries trip report.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, June 12, 2014