We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue rate

Which Buenos Aires hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
cold north
reviews: 12
Blue rate

I am so confused. I have been reading posts about the blue rate. Today I even found it in the Wall Street Journal.

Does this mean we should bring $US with us and not use our credit card?

What about paying the hotel?

What about a purchase in a nice shop?

And where is it safe and profitable to exchange our money?

Thanks.

ny
reviews: 61
141. Re: Blue rate

That's it exactly but looks like the site is defunct.

Brooklyn, New York
reviews: 49
142. Re: Blue rate

I have no trouble getting to the site. Here is the contact info:

You can also contact us by different ways:

By sending a mail to INFO@EXCHANGEINARGENTINA.COM

By calling to 15-3939-7418 from Argentina.

By calling to (+54) 911-3939-7418 from other countries.

I have not tried it yet but as of today they are giving 9 pesos to the dollar

Michigan
reviews: 23
143. Re: Blue rate

At a restaurant, just ask the maître d about paying in dollars?

Surfers Paradise...
reviews: 1
144. Re: Blue rate

This may or may not seem like a silly question but we are in brazil atm heading to buenos aires next week - I have only just learnt about this blue rate therefore we haven't come prepared with usd. Is there anyway/ anywhere we can get usd out to trade to get this rate? :S

Argentina
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
reviews: 62
145. Re: Blue rate

ATM's in Uruguay will deliver USD.

If you are able to change your travel plans and come to Argentina via Uruguay, that could be an option.

Otherwise, a day trip to Colonia, once you are in Buenos Aires.

You should do your maths carefully, though, to evaluate if the time & expenses involved are worth it.

ny
reviews: 61
146. Re: Blue rate

Thanks oats, don't know why my mobile isn't loading it. Patricio got back to me right away but only exchanges $500 and up so be prepared. It's our last day, we need maybe $100 more.

Chicago
reviews: 1
147. Re: Blue rate

I've looked at many (but not all) of the posts in this thread and other threads. I still haven't seen an address of a place to exchange usd at close to the blue rate. I rented a condo (leaving in Feb) so there is no hotel clerk to ask. Any info on a reputable exchange in the recoleta/palermo area would be appreciated.

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
reviews: 4
148. Re: Blue rate

MkeInChi at post #150:

Re. "I've looked at many (but not all) of the posts in this thread and other threads. I still haven't seen an address of a place to exchange usd at close to the blue rate. .......Any info on a reputable exchange in the recoleta/palermo area would be appreciated.":

It's not your fault that you don't know that that's similar to wondering why an address of a local drug dealer or a brothel aren't being published.

Edited: 6:22 pm, December 26, 2013
BA
reviews: 16
149. Re: Blue rate

Mikeinchi, of course you wont see anyone publishing a name or address here. The "blue rate" is the black maket rate and not legal. They will get a revenue commissioner visist within a few hours of posing it here. If you are not in a hotel to get help then florida street is your option.

150. Re: Blue rate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 28, 2014