We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Football Matches

Which Buenos Aires hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dunfermline, United...
reviews: 1
Football Matches

Hi

I'm going to be in Buenos Aires for the weekend of the Superclasico (May 5th) and was wondering about the possibility of going to another match taking place in Buenos Aires that weekend. All Boys, Racing, Tigre, Argentinos Juniors and Arsenal are all playing at home that weekend, is it likely I'll be able to get tickets on the day for any of their matches? How safe are the areas around the grounds?And do any tour companies do trips to the smaller clubs in Buenos Aires?

Thanks for any replies!

Buenos Aires...
1. Re: Football Matches

I should warn you not to confuse the city of Buenos Aires with the homonymous province. Racing Club plays in the province of Buenos Aires, specifically in Avellaneda, which is next to the Argentine capital but not part of it. Likewise, Tigre plays in Victoria and Arsenal plays in Sarandí, both of which are cities in the aforesaid province. If you are unwilling to travel outside Buenos Aires proper, Lanús at Argentinos Juniors and Estudiantes at All Boys, apart from the Superclásico, are all played inside the city limits. I am not a football fan and therefore I do not know how big of a crowd these clubs draw, but I would think it's not very likely you will get tickets on the day for any of the matches. Personally, I would plan on buying them before, just in case. I am also unsure whether there exist companies that offer trips to smaller clubs (if it is of any help, a search on Google turned no relevant results), but if you are truly interested you can e-mail any of the companies that advertise football tours in Buenos Aires and ask them if they do. As for safety, Argentinos Juniors plays in Villa General Mitre and All Boys plays in Monte Castro. Although not the safest in the city, both neighborhoods are not the most dangerous either and are relatively safe if you exercise common sense, do not carry expensive-looking jewelry, cameras or wristwatches, and visit them during the day.

Buenos Aires...
reviews: 3
2. Re: Football Matches

Totally recommend visiting smaller stadiums and clubs. Argentinos being where Maradona started his career is a great place and they do a special match day tour which I did through a local tour company.

3. Re: Football Matches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 10, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Buenos Aires