We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reynolds Propiedades ignores privacy requests

Which Buenos Aires hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado
Reynolds Propiedades ignores privacy requests

4 years ago I traveled to BA and inquired about rentals with Reynolds Propiedades. Unfortunately, I gave them my email address and have been getting solicitations ever since. I have asked to be removed from their lists many times to no avail. Every other legitimate entity I have ever dealt with anywhere has removed my email when asked, sometimes after a couple of requests. Not these people. No respect for privacy. Please do not reply to me by saying I should just delete the emails. You would be missing the point.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
reviews: 679
1. Re: Reynolds Propiedades ignores privacy requests

That is sad to hear about but I'd recommend emailing the owners directly. Most likely the owners, Paul and Maria don't know this is happening.

I recall reading a similar post on this board a few years ago and once the owner found out, I believe he intervened.

I agree with you it's not fun getting spam mail but contact the owner directly. They are good people and probably don't realize this is going on.

Edited: 2:42 pm, November 10, 2012
Portland, OR
reviews: 8
2. Re: Reynolds Propiedades ignores privacy requests

I know the feeling. I somehow ended up on the NRA's mailing list here. I've sent DOZENS of email to them asking to be removed from their list but nothing. It has slowed down after the election. I've added them to my blocked sender but they keep using different emails.

You could try blocking their domain in your email settings. If their email is XXXX@ReynoldsPropiedades.com you should be able to block all emails from "@ReynoldsPropiedades.com" and you wont get any more emails. This is how I eventually stopped most of the NRA's.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
reviews: 14
3. Re: Reynolds Propiedades ignores privacy requests

Sometimes it is all computers and robots and you will get mail forever .. it is easier to Block the address than to keep trying to tell them to stop and get annoyed.

Denver, Colorado
4. Re: Reynolds Propiedades ignores privacy requests

I appreciate your suggestions and empathy but it would be best if they just simply abided by the requests and removed the address from their database. Or better yet, used a mail list management service like Constant Contact that automates the process. It's pretty standard procedure for a legitimate company.

Edited: 1:04 pm, November 11, 2012
WDC
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
reviews: 42
5. Re: Reynolds Propiedades ignores privacy requests

I am totally surprised that you would have this negative experience with Renolds Propriedades: my DH and I, as well as other friends, have had excellent experiences renting and communicating with this Agency.

I will take the liberty to inform them of this thread.

I hope the e ads will stop soon - it is annoying, no question about it.

Buenos Aires
reviews: 2
6. Re: Reynolds Propiedades ignores privacy requests

Dear Andy,

Thank you for your comments. My name is Paul Reynolds. I am president and owner of Reynolds Propiedades. In August last year you advised us of this problem. We immediatelly removed your e-mail off our database. Having done this, I can only assume someone else is using our domain to send you unsolicited info. Could you please forward me copy of what you received to my personal mail? it is paul@reynoldspropiedades.com. I will immediatelly get down to researching the problem. My appologies for the inconvenience. All the very best, Paul

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
reviews: 4
7. Re: Reynolds Propiedades ignores privacy requests

I agree with AndyK on this issue. Systems used by good businesses should bring people joy, not frustration.

One of the advantages that resulted from my moving countries was that it got rid of the spam that I never managed to evict over 3 years.

It’s good to hear Paul Reynolds responding to the OP so quickly that he deleted his name when this was first requested and, moreover, that he’ll try to get to the root of the problem even though his company may not have caused it. It’s great that the OP reported his frustration here.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
reviews: 14
8. Re: Reynolds Propiedades ignores privacy requests

sockhopper, thank you ! I looked and saw that this same exact post was posted here a year ago ! and I commented on it then too :)

And Paul Reynolds answered that one too. I hope this is the last time either one of them have to post here about something that is annoying.

I did notice that dr dawggy was working on his Mute Spouse button, I wonder how that went ..

Edited: 6:42 pm, November 11, 2012
Denver, Colorado
9. Re: Reynolds Propiedades ignores privacy requests

I am in communication with Paul Reynolds again and hopefully this time we will fix it. Thanks TripAdvisor.

10. Re: Reynolds Propiedades ignores privacy requests

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 23, 2013