We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buenos Aires/ Where to start ?

Which Buenos Aires hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Virginia
Buenos Aires/ Where to start ?

Hello. My family and I will be in Buenos Aire for 7 nights. Wondering where to start in such a great city with so much to offer. Thanks Mitch

Buenos Aires
11. Re: Buenos Aires/ Where to start ?

Dear Mitch

It all depends on what part of the city you will stay on. Buenos Aires has a lot to offer. I will recomend Recoleta ( Ave. Santa Fe, Callao, Quintana, Alvear ) Nice shops, restaurants, etc. Las Cañitas, Palermo Hollywood, Palermo Soho ( traditional parts of the city that became "the place" lately ) for shopping, and restaurants. El Tigre is a nice place to visit, but will take almost one entire day. Another place to visit is an Estancia where the "gauchos" will prepare you a traditional BBQ Argentine Style. This is a one day tour must travel at least 1,30 hours from downtown

Buenos Aires...
reviews: 1
12. Re: Buenos Aires/ Where to start ?

I agree with someone who said that you will learn a lot more with a local and through his or her eyes, than doing it on your own. Tourists have a tendency to end-up at the wrong places! including myself. I usually travel independent, but the few times I had a local (or a friend) to show me around in "x" destination, I did enjoy it more, and had a more profound overview of the place.

So, get a good guide (no bueses, please!) and hit the streets!!

You and your family will love it here!

West Virginia
13. Re: Buenos Aires/ Where to start ?

Good advice. Thank you. We cannot wait to hit those streets. We have talked to Mr. Roberts for a personal tour.