We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rossi & Caruso

Which Buenos Aires hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 113
Rossi & Caruso

I love the products featured on the Rossi Y Caruso website. Can someone advise the starting prices for handbags? I did a search of the forum but no one mentioned prices, only words like "splurge" - and that means different things to different people. :)

(If you want to know which types of bags I'm talking about, I like the Salvador weekender, the Ginnet, the Valentina, the Grace.)

Many thanks.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
reviews: 17
1. Re: Rossi & Caruso

They are fairly expensive .. not sure of those particular bags but don't be surprised at prices over 1,000 pesos .. I'll see if I can find a site with prices on it for you. I live too close to 2 large Rossi & Caruso stores :)

New York City, New...
2. Re: Rossi & Caruso

Thanks Scarlett, much appreciated! I own many bags but I will never own TOO many. :)

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
3. Re: Rossi & Caruso

There is no such thing as Too many bags.

I looked today but found no prices on the websites so it must be from hanging out in their stores so much that I remember the fact that all the prices are high.

I have a large black Chloe bag and I love it .. it is a perfect bag.

New York City, New...
4. Re: Rossi & Caruso

Thanks Scarlett.

My favorite bag:

polyvore.com/alexander_mcqueen_black_beige_c…

Are R&C going to be more expensive than Chloe, Fendi or A McQ? You mentioned 1,000 pesos and that's not too bad...

5. Re: Rossi & Caruso

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:00 am, March 29, 2012
bc, canada
reviews: 129
6. Re: Rossi & Caruso

We were in BA for ten days.. Tried on many jackets and looked at purses with the idea of buying. Stay away from Florida street.. It's a tourist rip off. The Murillo district has some items (ie: Murillo 666 )" but nothing that I thought was of quality related to the price point.

I was walking down posadas when I found Rossi and Caruso. Classic items with good prices for the quality product . I paid $400 for a lovely well crafted jacket. ASK for the VAT rebate for the airport( got 22% BACK ) at the airport.

Also purchased a classic slouch bag ...

This store is classic , not trendy. Great staff.

My girllfriend purchased two "lLong and Champs"style sack bags for 1/5 the cost. So yes I recommend this shop.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
7. Re: Rossi & Caruso

There is a Rossi & Caruso in the Village Mall in Recoleta, in Patio Bullrich and on Posadas.

The staff in all the shops is great, helpful and pleasant.

Prices are going up, I would not say they are a bargain but they are so beautifully made and so pretty, they will last a long time and in the long run, be worth every penny.

http://www.rossicaruso.com/

Campinas, SP
8. Re: Rossi & Caruso

I'm going to Buenos Aires soon and since I need to buy a classic purse for work I got to Rossi & Caruso.

Do you know much it costs?

Tks.

bc, canada
reviews: 129
9. Re: Rossi & Caruso

I paid US$275 for a classic style Hobo bag. Lovely braided shoulder straps with good inside pockets to place cellphone, strap for car keys, etc. The workmanship is excellent. The price point would be similar to Michael Kors . What I liked about their purses was the more conservative but elegant styling. I have now used mine daily for the last two months , in and out of cars, traveling, etc and the leather still looks great. Ii tend to be a "one purse"per season person and this one is certainly my spring one. Gorgeous metallic champagne colour.

My daughter already has her eyes on it! I think she will have to wait a few years....

The purse prices go up from there.. Remember if traveling to get your VAT rebate at the airport.

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 81
10. Re: Rossi & Caruso

My experience was the same as Canada55's. Murillo way overrated (price/quality trade-off not good). Wife dragged me into R&C while shopping for handbags (I am not a big shopper) and I walked out a few minutes later with the nicest lambskin leather jacket I had ever seen. Fit like a custom. 4000 pesos, top of their line, but they took US dollars cash at 8-1. So, 500 bucks for a jacket that goes for about 3000-6000 US at comparable shops in US (Gucci, Hermes) and a 15% VAT back at the airport in pesos. Which is also converted into dollars on your credit card but at the official rate of 5.5 or so (takes a while gettting the math straight, trust me!). For me, it was 110 US, so cost for a lifetime leather jacket was about 390.