We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LAN / Aerolineas baggage restrictions

Which Buenos Aires hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
reviews: 2
LAN / Aerolineas baggage restrictions

Hiya, does anyone know what the baggage restrictions are for internal Argentina flights on LAN and Aerolineas?

Aerolineas website states 15kg per person and I wasn't sure if that includes both hand-carry and check-in...? Would they allow a single luggage piece of 28kg for a couple?

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 92
1. Re: LAN / Aerolineas baggage restrictions

My husband and I are currently travelling in Argentina and Chile and have flown several sectors on LAN - they did not weigh hand luggage and did not comment when one of our 2 bags was several kilos over the maximum of 23.

We have yet to fly on Aerolinas so don't know how strict they are - will be doing so in a couple of weeks.

Buenos Aires...
reviews: 82
2. Re: LAN / Aerolineas baggage restrictions

Enforcement of domestic baggage allowance limits, both on weight and pieces if very very lax. Aerolineas is usually the most flexible, although LAN is also very accomodating most of the time. You should be fine...

Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
reviews: 14
3. Re: LAN / Aerolineas baggage restrictions

We flew around Argentina on Aerolineas, just got back last week.

I don't think you could check a 28 kg. piece for two, but we didn't try -- we each checked a bag of far less.

But they didn't enforce any carry-on limits. Many carried on two or three large bags. One couple even had a TV (in box), plus two good-sized bags each.

Of course, they could get fed up with those bringing on tons of carry-on & strictly enforce the regulations at any time...

For domestic flights, security was pretty lackadaisical, too. No taking out your quart bag of liquids & gels, no taking off shoes, etc. Many people went through security with bottles of water & juice, just sent them through the x-ray with their carry-ons.

Edited: 11:33 pm, November 30, 2010
Yorkshire
reviews: 9
4. Re: LAN / Aerolineas baggage restrictions

I would agree - we flew 10 internal Aerolineas and LAN flights earlier in the year and were only charged once! I guess it depends on who is on duty at the desk.

Australia
reviews: 2
5. Re: LAN / Aerolineas baggage restrictions

Thanks guys! All responses appreciated.

6. Re: LAN / Aerolineas baggage restrictions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 04, 2011