We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aerolineas Argentinas - Are They THAT Bad?

Which Buenos Aires hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
reviews: 6
Aerolineas Argentinas - Are They THAT Bad?

Slightly concerned by what I've been hearing about Aerolineas Argentinas. We have 7 internal flights with this airline and am wondering if we should be worried? Are they that unreliable? Are they still striking a lot?

Buenos AIres
reviews: 2
31. Re: Aerolineas Argentinas - Are They THAT Bad?

For what I have found, ALL furnished apts. in good BA neighb. are only focused on tourist demand.

The cost for a "tiny" 60 / 70 sq. meters is around U$S 200 / 250 a week .10 % is a Nice R.O.I.,So RE agents are very happy and making nice bucks same as owners.

Probably locals, specially from our provinces,that rent for extended periods, and on the long term market now , are obtaining much better prices (aprox. U$S 400/ 500 a month or less )plus expensas for the same apt....

There´s a lack of good quality small apts.

Buenos Aires...
reviews: 3
32. Re: Aerolineas Argentinas - Are They THAT Bad?

I'm quite sure you know who has one that is just right for you!!!! LOL!!!!

Buenos AIres
33. Re: Aerolineas Argentinas - Are They THAT Bad?

My friend Mike ? nahhh.. too expensive..

Surrey, England
34. Re: Aerolineas Argentinas - Are They THAT Bad?

We have always has excellent service from Aerolineas during our 4 visits to Argentina. The flight snack is also very good - European and US airlines could take a leaf out of their book. Strikes - well they just happen don't they!

UncleBoko

Sydney
reviews: 15
35. Re: Aerolineas Argentinas - Are They THAT Bad?

So, we had 4 domestic flights with Aerolineas (Iguazu and El Calafate return) and Sydney-Buenos Aires return. They got us where we had to go on time, although they left late more often than not. Checking in at Jorge Newbery for an 8am or so flight was an experience, we were there more than 1.5 hours ahead of time, but less than 2 hours, and the queues were chaotic. We managed to pick a queue which had to merge with another so it took even longer. We got to the front of the queue about 10 minutes after they started to board, but there were many people even later than we were. The Lan queues in contrast were non-existent. However, the domestic flight from Ezeiza, also around 8am, posed no such difficulty.

Overall, not one of my favourite airlines, more because of the details. The service didn't usually come with a smile, if there was service at all. I rang for a stewardess on the flight back to Sydney and nobody responded, despite my buzzing 3 times. There was at least one stewardess up during that time. Some of the servingware had seen better days. The food/snacks on all flights except the one from Sydney to Buenos Aires was average at best. The movie screen wasn't working during our flight back to Sydney; we slept the whole way anyway, but had we been awake, 19 hours is a long time to kill without any distraction. But it felt safe, unlike the flight we had in Peru on Tans Peru in 2003; one of their planes crashed last year. So if Aerolineas gets you where you need to go, go ahead. If I had a choice though, say between Lan and Aerolineas, I'd take Lan. Especially if there are threats of more strikes with Aerolineas.

Gaudalajara, Mexico
reviews: 1
36. Re: Aerolineas Argentinas - Are They THAT Bad?

I flew in January 2006, two times with Lan Argentina and was good. No problem at all. We do fly from Mexico To B Aire with Lan- Chile, it was better but the price more than. 45 % up. Good luck, Sersol