We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Teatro Colon (Again)

Which Buenos Aires hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Punta del Este...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Punta del Este
reviews: 14
Teatro Colon (Again)

According to an article in today's paper, those working on the Colon now believe it really will be ready for the big affair being planned for May 25, 2010 to celebrate Argentina's 200th anniversary. More than 1000 people will be working even weekends to make it happen. The 2010 opera season will be announced October 23, with the first performance for May 26, the day after the celebration. Nothing's done until it's done in Argentina, but this article made it sound like it's really on track, finally.

Victoria, Canada
reviews: 20
1. Re: Teatro Colon (Again)

That's perfect timing for a celebration...that will be quite an event...and just a month or so later Argentina will be also be rejoicing in the glory of their World Cup victory in South Africa...it's going to be a great year!

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
2. Re: Teatro Colon (Again)

Well, I will wait to buy my outfit until it gets closer to the date !

lol

I hope it happens, how wonderful to finally hear music in that amazing place.

We were just looking at old photos of the Colon ( there is a fabulous free photo exhibit at the Recoleta Cultural Center and it is definitely worth seeing !!) and there is a fantastic photo of the interior of the Colon.. in color, looks almost 3-D .. wonderful .

Punta del Este
reviews: 2
3. Re: Teatro Colon (Again)

Yeah! I wouldn't buy my tux/nice dress until well into 2010......pardon me for being a cynic but " vedere per credere"........................

Abilene, Texas
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
reviews: 64
4. Re: Teatro Colon (Again)

Which is more likely>

A. Argentina will win the World Cup

B. Teatro Colon will be reopened by May 25, 2010

C. The reciprocity fee will be in effect.

A more serious question--

The original plan was to celebrate the reopening with Aida,the first opera performed in the Teatro Colon. I thought this was a great idea. Does anyone know if this is still the plan?

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
5. Re: Teatro Colon (Again)

Good question dr dawggy. Sometimes I wonder if it will be a matter of which opera singer will still be alive when it finally happens :D

6. Re: Teatro Colon (Again)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, March 11, 2010