We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buenos Aires report 20th Feb

Which Buenos Aires hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ireland
reviews: 1
Buenos Aires report 20th Feb

Well what a time we had in Buenos Aires. I have to say probably the best city I've visited. Before we went I'd read some of the negative comment about safety and the like and how taxis might try and rip people off. We walked what seemed like the length and breath of Ba by day and took taxis in the evening.There were five of us so generally it was 2 or 3 of us going in different directions. To all of us the city appeared a very safe place to visit without a hint of any undercurrent or concerns in any way. Because we always had to get 2 taxis we were able to compare fares and get a good impression overall of taxi drivers and the service. Never did the fare vary much at all and the drivers were all extremely friendly.On our last night coming back from Palermo to the centre the taxi did'nt have his meter on and I thought to myself that he was going to try and overcharge. When we got to our hotel he realised this -offered apologetic signals and said 8 peso. The fare should have been 17. (gave him 20 )I just thought I'd lead with this because any potential visitor reading TA will have read the other side.

We did all the usual tourist things.We ate and drank to our hearts content and never had a bad meal.The 3 of us lads went to see River Plate at home and got great tickets just at the half way line and as big soccer fans found the atmosphere electric.It was so good we told the girls that they'd just have to see Boca the following Sunday.This was some experience. The rain was pelting down as we got into the minibus at our hotel. The guide gave me the 5 tickets which I noticed were in the visitors section and standing not sitting. Neither my wife nor daughter are remotely interested in football and I reckon were only going to maybe admire a few of the players from their seats, have a little drink at half time and tell the story when they get home.During the drive to La Boca my wife asked me were we all going to be sitting together. Dont worry I said we'll all be together. It was the heaviest rain I've experienced and after being searched about 5 times going into the ground we were soaked to the skin for 90mins.But - they loved it. A memorable night, a good game against Huracan and 4 goals as well. I will certainly recommend Ba to anybody here. We are in our early 50's and had son , daughter and son-in law with us. We had a fantastic time and despite our different age group each night was fab, whether it was a nice meal with steaks to die for, or late night/mornings in bars in Palermo with names I cant begin to remember- we all said we'd love to return. Well done Ba

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
reviews: 14
1. Re: Buenos Aires report 20th Feb

Well done, pauljel !

Thanks so much for the great report !

I am a known wimp and have not gone to a game yet but you will give my husband hope lol.

I am happy to hear that everything went well for you ... I know it was a long trip for you all, so it is especially nice to know you were happy.

Grand Rapids...
reviews: 36
2. Re: Buenos Aires report 20th Feb

Thanks, Pauljel.

Which tour company/companies did you use for the football matches? You mentioned that for Boca they were visitor standing tickets; was that an oversight on your part, or did the tour company try to mask that fact?

Australia
reviews: 14
3. Re: Buenos Aires report 20th Feb

Thanks Pauljel, I cant wait to go now! Did you stay in an apartment with your family and if so where did you stay? Thanks for the review can't wait to go to the soccer match!

ireland
reviews: 1
4. Re: Buenos Aires report 20th Feb

Hi Wizzy, I cant remember the name of the company that brought us to Boca because it was done through a phone call from the tour rep that we had at our hotel. The cost was 8 times the face value on the ticket and the whole thing looked like a couple of blokes with a mini-bus and access to AWAY (visitors) tickets. It was'nt exactly well organised-the guy could'nt find his driver after the match and we waited in torrential rain for 30mins. I'm just making this point but it did'nt unduly bother us as it was 25deg and we were on our holidays.At first I was told it was 500peso but when the mini-bus arrived it dropped to 250. I guess because standing not sitting. To Manna-- No we stayed in a hotel downtown Regal Pacific. No complaints and I'd recommend . That said our family are grown up and they helped pay their share!

5. Re: Buenos Aires report 20th Feb

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 pm, October 21, 2009