We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice ROMANTIC restaraunt in BA?

Which Buenos Aires hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston
Nice ROMANTIC restaraunt in BA?

My husband and I are celebrating our 1st ann. in BA this week, can anyone recommend a nice romantic restaraunt?

Surrey, England
reviews: 2
1. Re: Nice ROMANTIC restaraunt in BA?

El Palacio de la Papa Frita I'm afraid - meat, meat and more meat!!!!!!

UncleBoko

Birmingham, AL
reviews: 3
2. Re: Nice ROMANTIC restaraunt in BA?

Hi... please give me an update after your anniversary dinner. My husband and I are going to be in BA in May for a 1st anniversary trip/my 30th Bday and would love to know how about what you decided to go... and how it went!

Boston, MA
3. Re: Nice ROMANTIC restaraunt in BA?

We just spent a weekendf in BA. We discovered a great new restaurant that had only ben open for 4 days. It's called Studio, and it's in Palermo Viejo, three blocks away from Plaza Terrano, on Hoduras street number 5525, tel 5411-4832-1172. The food is contemporary, as is the ambience. Both are excellent. The chef, Sebastian Grimaldi was the executive chef for the argentinian embassy in DC, he is very talented. The lighting is soft and romantic, since that's what you're looking for.

Another excellent restaurant is Sucre, but it's usually packed and noisy, worth a visit, but not for a romantic evening, more for people watching.

Tierra Verde...
reviews: 1
4. Re: Nice ROMANTIC restaraunt in BA?

My wife and I were in BA for our wedding aniversary on April 1st. We found a wonderful little restaurant on Libertad 1319 in Recoleta called RABELAIS. Their number is 4515-0640.

We had a wonderful meal and very attentive service, all at very reasonable prices.

Birmingham, AL
reviews: 3
5. Re: Nice ROMANTIC restaraunt in BA?

Thanks!

Houston, Texas
reviews: 12
6. Re: Nice ROMANTIC restaraunt in BA?

To me, there is nothing more romantic than going to a Tango show. Shows include dinner and drink. Don't go to the more hollywood shows though (Senor Tango). I highly suggest the traditional type shows like El Querandi, Madero Tango, and Esquina Carlos Gardel. Cafe Tortoni also has a very nice tango show and is as traditional as it gets in BA. However the show at Tortoni is a bit cramped and isn't the full package deal with food and drinks included. Saying that, you can have a meal in their cafe area before or after the show in a great atmosphere. I have been to all of these except Carlos Gardel but a friend of mine and his wife went there and said it was very good. I do note that several reviews of Carlos Gardel on this site had bad experiences from the food so not sure what to think. Really, you can't go to BA without going to a Tango show!