We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is Yalikavak good for kids

Which Yalikavak hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
manchester
is Yalikavak good for kids

Am thinking of Yalikavak for next year. Have 2 children who will be 11 and 10. Do you think the resort is family friendly and would there be enough to occupy them? They are both keen swimmers and enjoy fishing and the beach. Have been to Kalkan and Turunc in Turkey and looking for something similar.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
reviews: 11
1. Re: is Yalikavak good for kids

We have been to Yalikavak with our children and they had a great time, There isn't much specifically for children apart from a mini fun fair but ours were happy in the pool or on the beach. You can also do boat tips and fishing trips and there is a water park not too far away.

We have been to Turunc too and I would say Yalikavak is quite similar.

It is certainly family friendly there.

rotherham
reviews: 72
2. Re: is Yalikavak good for kids

Yes i agree with Kedi we have been to both and they are very nice i would say that Yalikavak is slightly bigger tha Turunc and has a much shorter transfer transfer than Turunc.....which ever you choose have a fab time ...

Wendy

manchester
3. Re: is Yalikavak good for kids

Thanks for that. Did you book as a package or independantly? Is there any accomodation that you can recommend with a pool for children? We would rather be self catering than all inclusive.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
reviews: 11
4. Re: is Yalikavak good for kids

We booked flight and accomodation separately, we had a villa with a pool, which was lovely. We weren't right in Yalikavak it was about a 10 minute drive away.

rotherham
reviews: 72
5. Re: is Yalikavak good for kids

We booked with tour operator stayed in tuskle apartments right on the beach front but it only had a very small pool in the old part of yalikavak before the marina was built it was about 15 years ago but we have been back just for the day twice this year when we stayed in torba and 2009 when we stayed in ortakent so cannot recomend accomadtion now but its very nice even tho it is bigger than when we first went all those years ago and the tuskle is still there.

Bodrum airport was not built either then we had to fly to Izmir and then travel 4 hours on a bus. But now its a very shortish transfer ..some lovely resorts on the bodrum peninsula we have stayed in over the years..Turkbuku...Torba..Ortakent..Gundagon aswell as our first time in this area at Yalikavak...

WENDY

manchester
6. Re: is Yalikavak good for kids

thanks for your replies. I will look in to which tour operators go. I know that Thomson and Thomjas Cook go book have not looked at prices yet. Our kids love the pool so am looking for a reasonable size pool with other children. Much as they love each other they also like to meet other children to play with. Any suggestions will be great.

Wales, UK
reviews: 107
7. Re: is Yalikavak good for kids

I cant recommend anywhere suitable in Yali (as when we visited we had a private villa with pool) however another option might be Akyaka - there are hotels/small villas in Akyaka that might suit - try Akyaka.com for more info

Krista

Cheltenham
reviews: 22
8. Re: is Yalikavak good for kids

We stayed in Yalikavak recently and have also stayed in Akyaka. Both are fine for kids but I'd say Akyaka has the edge: better beaches and you also get the lovely river with its fish restaurants. Yalikavak is fine in its own way but we found it a bit overdeveloped - every available hillside is covered with white villas. Akyaka on the other hand has a beautiful green backdrop and spring water that bubbles up from the sea bed. Lovely!

9. Re: is Yalikavak good for kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, October 18, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Yalikavak