We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding next year - Blue Lagoon

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cardiff, United...
reviews: 10
Wedding next year - Blue Lagoon

It has been great reading that so many people are getting or have got married here.

We are getting married next August and really looking forward to it. We are getting married on a private beach on the Blue Lagoon and in contact with the chap who owns it. We are planning to do all the organising ourselves and considering going out a couple of months before to sort out our paperwork as we don't really want to be doing this when our guests are around.

Do you guys recommend this? My only concern is us understanding where to go and being able to translate as neither of us speak Turkish. Do you think we are taking on too much or do you have any advice for us?

Thanks

Tracey

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 41
1. Re: Wedding next year - Blue Lagoon

Hi Trace71,

I can recommend this, it is very easy but I do advise to go with someone together to sort out the Antalya paperwork day and for an hour or 2 in Fethiye.

Did you check out the British Consulate's website haw the procedure works? If not I can tell you if you like, we had a few weddings here.

It is very wise to come over within 3 months of the wedding. Make a reservation at the British Consulate in the morning and you have the afternon for the Turkish Office paperwork, you do not need an appointment here. It is quickly done. You can visit the registrar in Fethiye to make an appointment for the wedding day. Maybe you have a certain procedure in you mind, it makes it easier if you have met him or her before the wedding.

And you have to go for a medical check. You can go for the government hospital, that can give you a long waiting time, there is a small annex, you walk in and out.

But important is to have someone with you, the couple that went this year paid £150,00 return with taxi to Antalya including the help from the driver, who spoke good english too of course.

I wish you all the happiness and good luck for planning your wedding!

Cardiff, United...
2. Re: Wedding next year - Blue Lagoon

Thank you so much VillaRhapsody,

I have read lots of information and e-mailed the British Consulate last week but haven't yet heard anything back as yet, but we have plenty of time - although I am starting to panic a little now.

If you don't mind I would be grateful if I can ask your advice a little nearer the time of us going across. We are thinking of going across in May and I hope we'll be able to ask the guy who owns where we are getting married if he can recommend someone to take us to Antalya as it does sound as though it would be easier.

One quick question - would we have the medical check when we go over in May or would we need to wait until the wedding week?

We may even get some time in May to enjoy this beautiful country

Thank you for your best wishes!

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 41
3. Re: Wedding next year - Blue Lagoon

Of course please always ask!

I also got married in Turkey, in our garden and it was an unforgettable day!

Cardiff, United...
4. Re: Wedding next year - Blue Lagoon

Thank you - you may regret it when I start asking a million questions!

Wow - in your garden, that must have been amazing!!

We are both really excited now

5. Re: Wedding next year - Blue Lagoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, November 16, 2007
6. Re: Wedding next year - Blue Lagoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:22 am, August 24, 2009