We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exchange Rate

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sheffield
reviews: 9
Exchange Rate

Can any one advice me of the exchange rate in Oludeniz at the moment please just wondering whether to change our money over here or when we get there.

21 replies to this topic
Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Bodrum
reviews: 15
1. Re: Exchange Rate

Depends when you're going ! If it's in the next week or so stick to the usual of exchanging enough before you travel for the first day or so.

However, with the unusually favourable rate that's now falling if you are travelling later it would be worth buying now to take advantage of the rate.

Peterhead, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
reviews: 60
2. Re: Exchange Rate

If you look at this website, if gives you the daily bank rate for Turkey. http://m.doviz.com best to bookmark it.

This is the figure you get in the Bank so today it's 3.50 you will get less in the resort as there are no Banks there, so they shops will have to make commission. If you have a lot of money to change it's worth going to one of the Banks in Fethiye, take your passport with you.

It seems the rate is going down, as last week it was 3.55.

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Bodrum
3. Re: Exchange Rate

The rate went unusually high earlier this year but since the local elections here in Turkey it has been gradually falling. My advice is buy asap!!!

Spalding, United...
reviews: 24
4. Re: Exchange Rate

unless you are changing thousands of £'s,it's up to yourself where you exchange your money.

you can get 3.39 in the UK at the moment,in resort 3.50,so not a great difference IMHO.

Edited: 6:16 am, May 10, 2014
Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Bodrum
5. Re: Exchange Rate

The doviz (exchange offices) in Antalya were offering 3.42 today. It's definitely going down.

sheffield
6. Re: Exchange Rate

I am going 5th June i got some changed a few months ago and got a good rate but someone last year said it was a lot better to get it over there.

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Bodrum
7. Re: Exchange Rate

The rate is usually better here in Turkey so the normal advice was to exchange here. This year though the rate went crazy. Normally it's around 2.5 lira to the £ but at one point it went up to nearly 4 lira to the £. It now is dropping so this time it would be worth you exchanging now as it looks as though the rate will continue to fall until it's (nearly) back to the more usual 2.5ish to the £. Check out the rates where you live.

sheffield
8. Re: Exchange Rate

Thank you for the advice every one think i will change it here Asap x

Warrington, United...
reviews: 7
9. Re: Exchange Rate

You may struggle getting Lira in the UK at the moment there appears to be a shortage here.

Rumours that the Turkish government are holding it back to stop people stockpiling it with the rates being high

Peterhead, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
reviews: 60
10. Re: Exchange Rate

Very true Travelfx did not have it at all last week and had removed their exchange rate for Turkey. If you can get some grab it quickly as I am hearing lots of reports of Lira shortages in the U.K.

Reply to: Exchange Rate
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz
Recent Conversations