We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

size of olu deniz?

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, Scotland
reviews: 30
size of olu deniz?

how big is olu deniz, compared to say icmeler?

Going next month, and prefer smaller less built up places, went to icmeler last year, thought that was lovely, olu looks even quainter and more picturesque, but I have learnt that photo's can be deceiving.

Halifax Yorkshire
reviews: 8
1. Re: size of olu deniz?

I have been to Icemelar and Oul, Oul is prettier. nicer beach and much smaller, if you want more you can go to Hisonaru for an evening of nightlife or down to Fethyie for a nice harbour and a Turkish Town. You will love it.

Glasgow, Scotland
2. Re: size of olu deniz?

Thanks Ryburn,

that is exactly what I wanted to hear, I am really looking forward to this holiday.

If you have any recomendations for places to eat it would be appreciated, good value but good grub, and don't mind a little dearer for a real cracking restaurant, especially good Turkish cuisine.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 33
3. Re: size of olu deniz?

Hi there again,

in sizes I would say Oludeniz is M size. It is an absolute lovely beach, a bit commercial but all within its limits. The lagoon is stunning, very busy in the weekends and there is a entrance fee.

All along the beach there are restaurants, my favourite is the Help Beach bar. Lounging, nice music, good menu with turkish and bits of mexican, lovely cocktails and smoothies.

The is a nice traditional turkish restaurant at the far end, the name is something with 'pide'.

The White Dolphin is a good fishrestaurant on the cliff with beautiful sunsets, you can also just go there for a drink. Or follow the road all the way to Faralya, a lovley village worth a very nice view over butterfly valley. Have a lunch in George House, a place for backpackers but so peacefull and quite you should not miss.

For fish actually, it is the best to eat on the fishmarket in Fethiye. Buy your own fish and bring it to one of the restaurants where they prepare.

Kaya Koy is very nice too, it is a stunning walk for the active ones over the mountain from OLudeniz. About 2,5 hours. Visit the Greek town and there are plenty good traditional restaurants there.

Enjoy yourselves.

Halifax Yorkshire
reviews: 8
4. Re: size of olu deniz?

I agree with the fish market it is a great experience in Fethyie, it is a market full of fish stalls Fab Prawns and every other fish you can think of, all around the edge are little cafe's, you buy your piece of fish, one of the cafe owners will take you to a table prepare it with bread and salad and it cost a couple of pounds on top of the price of the fish you have all ready bought to have it prepared fresh for you, again it is just something very differant and traditional, also go on a trip to the trout farm for a lunch again wonderful fresh trout with lots of extra's in a lovely country setting. If you get one of the taxi drivers to take you to Bobs beach although they run there own free service from the bus area in Oul it takes you around the otherside of the lagoon much quiter and free, you pay for the sunbed for the day, the transfer to there and the transfer back to your hotel is included in the price very cheap, It has a beach bar and toilets but best of all set at the back of the backpackers site is a backpackers cafe, very cheap and fresh lovely pide's. The little store sandwich shop on Oul sea front does great sandwiches, and the Juice bar on the beach is very good also. You really will be spoilt for choice for good quality places to eat. We like The Olive tree in Hisonaru, bit mor upmarket even give you reading glasses if you struggle with the menu and the one across maybe called Rodin Hood, these are both at the Botton of Hisonaru. Some lovely restraunts too on the harbour side in Fethyie. My 1st trip to Turkey was Icemiler and although I loved it Oul and Kalkan stole my heart, this year we are trying Goeck. Smaller the better for me.

Glasgow, Scotland
5. Re: size of olu deniz?

Thanks chaps, very helpful tips, can't wait to go.

I,m a bit like that myself ryburn, like the quieter more traditional places, like a little life as well, when we went to icmeler, we passed through Marmaris and again when we went on the dalyan trip, and it looked far to built up for us, don't think I'll be going there, icmeler was nice, but do like to try new places.

My first trips to Turkey was 1995 and 1996 to Side, it was mainly the old town then, not much around it, but you could see signs of development all round, that was lovely, an old roman town, would love to go back just to see how develpoed it is now.

Certainly was a culture shock when I went back to Turkey last year, not as dirt cheap as it was, although still very cheap, and much more westernised, this shows in the turkish nights, hip hop and all sorts now ha! ha!

I suppose thats inevitable with tourism though, still a great country.

Just thinking when I was first there 1 million Lyra or 1 new turkish lyria as its now known was about 8-10 pounds, the next year it had halved and now they're about 30p.

Cheers again for all your good advice, or sherrafa as they say in Turkey!

6. Re: size of olu deniz?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz
Recent Conversations