We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hello, looking for a bit of help in finding accomodation

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Coventry, United...
reviews: 2
Hello, looking for a bit of help in finding accomodation

Hi :)

I'm Amy, and I am planning a holiday for myself, my partner and our 6 year old daughter. I'm 90% sure that we will be going to Olu Deniz, but seeing as i've only just started looking i'm unsure of the best places to go to stay. I've found Trip Advisor very useful in planning holidays to Spain and Portugal so thought i'd post in here.

I'm looking for an all inclusive hotel or apartments and would like it to be close enough to the beach so it would be less than 20 minutes walk. I would like a family hotel that has entertainment for children and maybe a disco in the evening. A big, nice pool is pretty important too.

I'm going to say I have a budget of up to £900 to spend on the accomodation, but i'd like to spend less. I use sunshine.co.uk so it's quite easy to get it cheaper. It's the flights that are killing us off lol.

I don't know much about Olu Deniz, but my two best friends have been and they absolutely loved it there. I will be quizzing them about it this weekend, but I would love to here from any forum users some suggestions on what not to miss, where to go and some great family activites.

We are happy to spend most of the holiday by the beach and pool, but would like to do a bit of shopping too and maybe a couple of day trips. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Lastly, back to the hotel, my partner is a pretty picky eater so I would like it to have a pretty large selection of food so he has nothing to complain about.

Oh also before I forget, i'm not 100% set on All inclusive and could be convinced to go self catering, however i'd really like the simplicity of all inclusive with a 6 year old. We went on a self catering holiday a couple of years ago and found it hard to find a good restuarant and also time consuming. I'd much prefer to go AI.

Thanks for reading :)

Amy

Edited: 1:59 pm, December 13, 2012
Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
reviews: 18
1. Re: Hello, looking for a bit of help in finding accomodation

There's hardly any self catering accommodation in Olu. There's plenty a dolmus ride away in Hisaronu and Calis but if you want to be in Olu Deniz itself then it's going to be a hotel

hertfordshire
reviews: 37
2. Re: Hello, looking for a bit of help in finding accomodation

You do not say what time of the year you want to go.

To get the entertainment you will have to go to a hotel which will then lead to mostly AI.

If goung out of the center of the season you will not get within your budget but away from the center weeks you may be lucky.

OD is great for most ages except it does not have the clubeers so attract mainly families.

Will certainly be cheaper than Spain or Portugal.

Coventry, United...
3. Re: Hello, looking for a bit of help in finding accomodation

Thanks both. I did forget to say what time of year, sorry, it's going to be late july i think. I've been having a look into it and it seems there is plenty of nice places to eat, so am now considering going bed and breakfast instead. I've been looking at Belcehan Beach Hotel, any idea what it's like? The reviews seem really good. Are there plenty of bars that are family friendly that we can go to in the evening, if i do choose Bed and Breakfast rather than AI? I have a price of £318 for 10 nights in Belcehan. If i choose to go B&B, how much budget per day would you suggest for 2 adults and 1 child, all drinking pop? We will probably have a few beers in the evening too.

Thanks,

Amy

hertfordshire
reviews: 37
4. Re: Hello, looking for a bit of help in finding accomodation

I went B&B for the first time this year and the food in the restaurants was >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>brilliant.

Eating out was great. You have to decide whether you want a meal or a bit of this and that.

July very hot and expensive.

I did perdika this year. Nice little place but very little entertainment especially for a youngster.

You might get away with £50 a day if you are careful.

What I always feel in OD it is a safe place to wander where you want and when you want.

Scotland
reviews: 24
5. Re: Hello, looking for a bit of help in finding accomodation

Amy if you want AI, I would suggest the Alize ot the Belcekiz but that is more expensive but the food is excellent and its right on the beach.

Have a look at the map, all the hotels in Olu Deniz are within 15 minutes or less to the beach http://www.oludenizmap.com/map.html

Ai is good but the restaurants are plentiful and really good and your partner will find something on the menu to suit

Coventry, United...
6. Re: Hello, looking for a bit of help in finding accomodation

It's so hard to choose! I have looked at the Alize and can get 10 days for £995, so £90per night. For bed and breakfast I am looking at around £30 per night, so if i did that I could have a budget of around £60 per day for food drinks and ice creams. I love the simplicity of AI and the fact that once it's paid I won't have to worry too much about sending money, but i would also love to go for a different meal each night... I'm more going towards bed and breakfast at the minute I think.

Yes i didn't really want to go in July but if we went in May (which is the closest school holiday) it wouldn't give us much time to pay the holiday off and get spending money together.

Food wise, if we go bed and breakfast, we will have a lunch of say hot dogs/sandwiches/ things like that and chips to share. For dinner we will all have two courses.

Is it true what i'm reading about hotels searching bags to make sure you are not taking any food or drink into the room? This is offputting as it's always good to have a few beers in the fridge (if there is one to hire) and a few snacks if our daughter gets peckish and we aren't ready to go out yet.

I have heard so many good things about Oludeniz and am already excited :)

Kent
reviews: 6
7. Re: Hello, looking for a bit of help in finding accomodation

We absolutely love Oludeniz and have been going as a couple every year for the past 11 years But this year when planning to go away with my son and two grandchildren we have decided on Ibiza!!! They also want to go in July, all inclusive with a good kids club and hotel entertainment. Oludeniz would be very HOT in July, its a total waste to be all inclusive there as you miss the best part of Olu. I don't think the kids clubs would be anything like they have in Ibiza/Majorca (although I may be wong here)

Kent
reviews: 6
8. Re: Hello, looking for a bit of help in finding accomodation

Amy Just read your new post. We budget around £100 for food and drink for two of us, Olu is quite expensive (there are some good threads on here with prices). This is exactly why my son and his family want all inclusive they are such good value. If we had decided on Olu we would have chosen the Alize

Its such a shame that you (or my Son) can't go in September.

With regard to the hotels searching bags. Not sure about that but I think if you were obvious with taking stuff in from the supermarket they would say something. I normally have coffee and snacks but just keep them out of sight. They tend to keep their prices down for the b&b but try to make money on their bar and restaurant.

London, United...
reviews: 12
9. Re: Hello, looking for a bit of help in finding accomodation

The Turquoise or The Montebello are two other A/I hotels that might fit your budget. I would estimate both are about a 10min stroll to the beach or the main strip-max. The Montebello have a few waterslides and a nice kiddies pool & was newly renovated last year.

We go B+B but understand that with children A/I is an appealing option as soft drinks and ice creams etc arent cheap and can add up.

We love The Villa Beldeniz for its size and location. Most of the hotels have signs saying you cant take food and drink purchased elsewhere into the hotel but as long as you're discreet, its not usually a problem. Look out for hotels that offer aircon and fridges included in the price as this can also add loads to the holiday cost and you will probably need aircon in late July.

Oludeniz is a brilliant choice and there are plenty of great day trips. Sugar or Seahorse beach round the lagoon are great for younger children and they have a free pickup and drop off from the hotels. Hisaronu(10mins on the dolmus) is great for shopping or Fethiye(about half hour on dolmus) is a great day out,with more shopping,theold town,market,fishmarket,new harbour etc. There are plenty of daytrips to go on, from boat trips to jeep safaris and plenty in between, not forgetting the paragliding (mind you your 6 year old might just be tad young for that!)

Wherever you choose to stay in Olu, im sure you'll have a great time :)

Wakefield, United...
reviews: 7
10. Re: Hello, looking for a bit of help in finding accomodation

Cant go wrong with B&B. Plenty of choice of places to eat on a night