We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oludeniz Hotels

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk.
reviews: 20
Oludeniz Hotels

We are thinking about planning a holiday to Oludeniz September 2013, We wouid like to stay in a 4 star AI hotel on the flat area of Oludeniz' Ihave looked through a few brochures and like the look of a couple of hotels:but when i have read the reviews they are very mixed opinions. At the moment i am looking at the Tropicana. Can anyone reccomend a good hotel.

hertfordshire
reviews: 37
1. Re: Oludeniz Hotels

If actually in OD the rise front to back is minimal like from the Belcekiz on the front tothe Alize towards the rear. Tropicana about half way

http://www.oludenizmap.com/map.html

Budget will come into play as the ones at the front can be much dearer than those further back.

Dont insist on AI as some of the retaurants are excellent and not expensive.

Consider other things like do youwant evening entertainment because it is mainly the AI ones that offer it although its not that great.

Yes take notice of the reviews but ignore them if it is only an odd one amongst other good ones especially if the bad ones have been written by someone with little or no other contributions.

It does look like the Tropicana is currently struggling for good ones.

Wait for comments from The Codfather to make a comment as he has stayed in most in OD.

I have stayed in OD but also travel around a bit staying in at 6 different places each year.

OD hotels rooms are small but you only sleep in them.

My big tip wherever you go never stay in the cheapest or promo room as it WILL be in the basement , over the kitchens or next to a lift.

Ask for upper rooms at the end of the corridor which will only cost a couple of pounds/euros more.

Manchester, United...
reviews: 9
2. Re: Oludeniz Hotels

Tropicana is on a side road that goes uphill abit . If you are not set on AI there are many good hotels and plenty of restaurants to eat in . Asena Hotel , Karbel Hotel , Karbel Sun , Mavruka and Blue Lagoon are all good hotels .

uk.
3. Re: Oludeniz Hotels

Thank you for your reply ;may be a better idea as you say to not be too set on Ai hotels; The reason we were thinking of AI is we are senior citizens

and we thought that by going Ai we would know that the holiday would be paid for and enable us to budget our spending money.

Manchester, United...
reviews: 9
4. Re: Oludeniz Hotels

It is always good to know that everything is paid for but would be such a shame to miss out on the good places to eat . Drinks are expensive but food is reasonable and good quality .

We have spoken to the locals who say that AI kills the local area . If this is your first time in OD you will love it . When booking your hotel make sure it is actually in OD as some advertise that they are but are actually up a steep hill . I have a knee problem and find it ok walking around OD .

The codfather is an expert on OD so his advice is good . We have been 6 times and are back in Sept 2013 for 2 weeks - we are in our 50's .

NW UK
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
reviews: 56
5. Re: Oludeniz Hotels

Hi Katey, unfortunately my experiences of AI are minimal to say the least so can't really add much. I did stay at the Akdeniz beach for a short period a few years ago simply because it was out of season and almost free so just used it for some snacks and drinks before heading out!

Got to say I agree with all who consider AI is sadly doing damage to local businesses and also it's a shame not to get out and about as the food in general is superb- consider Oludeniz itself is flat so getting around is pretty simple.

If I had to choose one- I would go for the Belcekiz beach simply because it's right on the beach, has a great bar (I use myself) and restaurant and is right inbetween some great bars and other restaurants. But it's in the more expensive catagory compared to the Akdeniz and Tropicana. Good luck with your choice.

Edited: 1:30 pm, December 12, 2012
Scotland
reviews: 24
6. Re: Oludeniz Hotels

Katey we stayed in the Belcekiz, right on the seafront and it was lovely, really enjoyed it, food was excellent and drinks plentiful, soon as you put your drink down there was someone to replace it. It is more expensive though. Other one I would recommend is the Alize where food was not quite on the same par but still good, especially if you plan on eating out a few times so it doesnt get repetitive. However it is at the top of the strip but it is not a hard walk.

One place I would avoid is the Dorian though

Do hope you get booked up and you will really enjoy it wherever you decide

Cambridge, United...
reviews: 57
7. Re: Oludeniz Hotels

Katey

We have stayed in the Belcekiz this year, we are a couple in our early 60s one with a Knee problem. We found the hotel excellent for all our needs,yes it is in the slightley more exspencive end of the market but hey you only get what you pay for.We found it so good that we have brocken our golden rule of never going to the same place twice.and re booked for next year

Dunstable
reviews: 13
8. Re: Oludeniz Hotels

Roghack - You only get what you pay for is true in many cases however, I have stayed at 5 different hotels in OD in the 6 years we have been, the most expensive, (no not the Mozaik, we booked when it was rubble!), was probably the worst in my opinion, (or so the wife told me! ;-)), other people love it and go back year after year, it just wasn't for us...

uk.
9. Re: Oludeniz Hotels

A big thank you to every one who was kind enough to answer my questions on Ouludeniz. Iam already rethinking my options on AI and will consider more important things first.

Katey_uk

10. Re: Oludeniz Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 am, December 18, 2013