We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jeep Safari - photo CD

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chester, United...
reviews: 5
Jeep Safari - photo CD

Hi

We went on a Jeep Safari, booked with Seahorse Travel, and at the end of the day bought the photo CD which had some great photos of the mud bath etc. When I got home the CD was blank :(. Just wondered if this had happened to anyone else? If so did you ever manage to get the photos?

53 replies to this topic
Anglesey, North...
reviews: 13
1. Re: Jeep Safari - photo CD

We went with Ali Baba tours and bought the cd, ours is fine, he did say if there was any problems to email them as they gave email address etc.

Did you get that option?

Norwich, United...
reviews: 38
2. Re: Jeep Safari - photo CD

Always take my own pics as think they are a rip off!!

Chester, United...
reviews: 5
3. Re: Jeep Safari - photo CD

They ARE a rip off - but on that trip you go in the mud baths and you cant take your own photos of that, which is why I really wanted the CD :(

I have tried sending an e mail, but not had any reply.

Anglesey, North...
reviews: 13
4. Re: Jeep Safari - photo CD

They did take a lot of pictures that we couldn't take ourselves and at the end of the day you are paying for memories, some people wouldn't think twice about spending that money on beer or cigarettes with nothing to show for it at the end.

That photographer worked damned hard that day taking pictures of over 50 people then managed to put them all in folders for the relevant people.

I thought it was a lot of money too but my husband insisted on it, we got back today and looked at the cd well worth the money now.

Fethiye, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
reviews: 10
5. Re: Jeep Safari - photo CD

Belle - I have in the past had problems with CDs and DVDs from a couple of companies, these were genuine mistakes whilst burning the discs, and all were corrected within a reasonable time, but in my case they were checked locally on my laptop, whereas in your case you did not have that benefit.

Can you give me the email address for seahorse travel and if possible the photographers name, as often they keep photos on file for a while?

As for being a rip off - to be fair on most of the photographers - I think not - yes they are a bit expensive (but I have yet to pay the full asking price for any) but the equipment and time taken does cost money and only a percentage of the CDs sell,

Wales, UK
6. Re: Jeep Safari - photo CD

Hi I have this problem to, i'm sure the tour guide company we went on the Dalyan trip with were pioneer travel (but we used a different travel rep on the street) and our CD came back blank, apart from a few pics. We were shown them all prior to paying on the laptop. We think that the disc reader on the guys lap top must have been out of sinc. I have emailed the company via http://www.fethiyeholiday.com/ but no reply yet

Fethiye, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
7. Re: Jeep Safari - photo CD

Check the disc in windows explorer on your PC - you may find that the stuff is there but hidden in a folder that your machine cannot read, I have also seen this happen to a few of the discs. Simple to fix if that is the case.

London, United...
reviews: 4
8. Re: Jeep Safari - photo CD

what price are people paying for the photo disc then that is such a rip off

Norwich, United...
reviews: 38
9. Re: Jeep Safari - photo CD

On most of the trips I went on they tried to sell the photo cd for 50tl, if you go on lots of trips it the cost soon mounts up.....the only time I paid for one was when I went on a camel trek round Kayakoy as I couldn't take any pics myself and the guy worked really hard running round after us for 2 hours!!

London, United...
reviews: 4
10. Re: Jeep Safari - photo CD

i suppose it is all down to how much you value your camera on the jeep safari trip

i paid 20-00 for the disc but if i took my own camera and it got wrecked then it would have cost 2k to replace

20-00 is a reasonable cost i think

Reply to: Jeep Safari - photo CD
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz