We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

blue lagoon

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
england
blue lagoon

hiya

any one been to the lagoon this year?

im abit bit worried after reading some reviews saying that the water is murky and the lagoon is a let down but im really excited about the lagoon,can any one reasure ??

Exeter, United...
reviews: 17
1. Re: blue lagoon

Was there 3yrs ago,probably hasn't changed (?) but blue-No,murky-Yes, let down-definately not!

redditch
reviews: 1
2. Re: blue lagoon

the last time i was there was oct 2007 and the water was blue i have just looked through my pics to double check it is a gorgeous place but if you do go which i recommend you do dont go in at the bit where the barrier things are to pay carry on walking round by the road and you will come to a few other parts of the lagoon where you will just have to pay for sunbeds etc its about a 5-10 min walk im sure you will love it

Durham, UK
reviews: 4
3. Re: blue lagoon

Just checked my pictures taken a couple of weeks ago, and it's blue in the deeper bits, but not as blue around the edges where the children are paddling. I wonder if these are the murky bits people refer to?

It's not murky at all in the shadows. It's clear and you can see fish swimming round your feet as you paddle!

england
4. Re: blue lagoon

thanks for all replys :)

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 8
5. Re: blue lagoon

We are going to Ovacik soon, and plan on visiting Oludeniz during the day. What beaches are down there, where can we sit, and where do we have to pay for sunbeds?

UK
reviews: 20
6. Re: blue lagoon

Am I missing something here? I visited the Blue Lagoon last week and was really dissapointed. Its not blue at all... Its a murky brown colour and has about a yard widths of gritty brown sand all the way round. Same with Sugar Beach full of pebbles and shingle. I dont know how anyone can bang on about the beaches in Olu Deniz being beautiful, they are not in fact nowhere in Turkey has good beaches.

Rugby,England
reviews: 2
7. Re: blue lagoon

roslin1

You should say it as it is and don't beat about the bush lol BUT make sure you're correct first.

No good beaches in Turkey.

Is there any insanity in your faily i wonder?

johnco

Rugby,England
8. Re: blue lagoon

roslin1

You should say it as it is and don't beat about the bush lol BUT make sure you're correct first.

Is there any insanity in your faimly i wonder?

johnco

Rugby,England
9. Re: blue lagoon

roslin1

Is there any insanity in your family (got it this time!)i wonder?

johnco

UK
reviews: 20
10. Re: blue lagoon

Third time lucky Johnco... Theres no insanity in my family, not to my knowledge anyway.

Can you please tell me where the best beaches are then in Turkey? I mean ones without shingle and pebbles. Oh and they also have to have decent sand. I've got to say we've have much better beaches in the UK. Just because I think the beaches are crap doesn't mean I dont like the place...