We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Olu Deniz Resort Hotel - please put my mind at rest

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
west midlands
reviews: 6
Olu Deniz Resort Hotel - please put my mind at rest

Hi,

am trying to find information on the above hotel. Some of the recent reviews have been quite bad and we are now dubious about going. We have two kids aged 7 and 11 and were recommended Oludeniz as being a lovely part of Turkey. We have never been to Turkey before so hope we have made the right choice.

Can anyone put our minds at rest.

Also, what bargains are there to buy as want to come back goodies.

Many thanks.

Norwich
reviews: 9
1. Re: Olu Deniz Resort Hotel - please put my mind at rest

Don't know the hotel but you and the children will absolutely LOVE Oludeniz. The Turkish people adore children so they will be spoilt by everyone. The area is full of things to do so you don't have to spend too much time in the hotel anyway.

Enjoy your holiday and be sure you visit some of the areas around like Hisaronu (the market is on Mondays) Fetihye (market on Tuesday but much more to see than just the market) Kaya Koy which is a deserted ghost village (all easily got to by the local bus - dolmus - which will stop anywhere and pick you up not just at bus stops, and they're very cheap) boat trips are very good value and we always go on Vulcan 3 or 4 from Olu (about £8 includes lunch) thats just a few but there's lots more.

Teene

NW UK
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
reviews: 56
2. Re: Olu Deniz Resort Hotel - please put my mind at rest

Lanza, fear not, it's in one of the best positions of all of the hotels and yes the reviews have been a bit mixed but that could be down to the management changing hands last year and a whole new start.

The important issue is the hotel is still the same and in the same place! Which is far right of the resort right on the front -if you are looking from the sea.

Location, location!!

Relax

Reply to this post

Rushden
reviews: 17
3. Re: Olu Deniz Resort Hotel - please put my mind at rest

We were there in May (should have stayed at Sun City but they overbooked). Had a fantastic holiday - lovely hotel, beautiful grounds. No complaints about food either. If you would like me to email you some pictures, contact me on julieingram7@hotmail.com.

west midlands
4. Re: Olu Deniz Resort Hotel - please put my mind at rest

Thanks Codfather,

as you say location is very important and as the hotel has changed management, I am hoping that the 'teething' problems experienced last summer will have improved and they have got their act together. I am looking forward to going to turkey but was disappointed when reading reviews of the hotel.

Anyway, you must love it as you have been so many times.

Roll on June!!!!!!!!!

west midlands
5. Re: Olu Deniz Resort Hotel - please put my mind at rest

thanks Julie,

I am pleased to here from someone who has stayed here. Some of the reviews of late have been bad. We have never been to turkey and was apprehensive about going, especially when hotel started going downhill according to reviews. So glad you enjoyed you holiday and haven't got anything bad to say.

Did you visit Fethiye market and if so, what sort of

bargains could be had??

west midlands
6. Re: Olu Deniz Resort Hotel - please put my mind at rest

Hi Teene,

many thanks for your tips on where to go whilst in Turkey. I shall take your advice and make sure we don't miss out.

Rushden
7. Re: Olu Deniz Resort Hotel - please put my mind at rest

We did go to Fethiye market. Plenty of genuine fakes to be had! T-shirts / handbags and other designer gear! Be prepared to barter. A lot of prices are in £'s so take some £10 notes with you. (that's if anywhere is still intersted in the £!). Hope you have a great time. We are going out for 3 weeks on 4th May and staying at Sun City (hopefully they haven't overbooked that early in season!) and getting married on the lagoon, can't wait!

yummum08
reviews: 1
8. Re: Olu Deniz Resort Hotel - please put my mind at rest

Hey Jules,

We are getting married at the Blue Lagoon in June and staying at the Sun City. Good luck with your wedding!!! Who have you booked your wedding with?

Please let me know what the Sun City is like and how your wedding goes. It will be fab, looks so beautiful there. I bet you are really excited now, we are!!

Have you any ideas where your holding your reception?

Laura x

yummum08
reviews: 1
9. Re: Olu Deniz Resort Hotel - please put my mind at rest

Sorry Julie, i called you Jules!!!

Rushden
10. Re: Olu Deniz Resort Hotel - please put my mind at rest

I don't mind Jules, it's friendly!

We have booked the actual wedding ceremony through a Turkish company call Egg organisation who have been brilliant - so they have booked registrar, trip to Antalya for paperwork etc. We are getting married and having our reception at Sugar Beach. They are sorting out our photographer / flowers etc and have also been excellent. Yes, we are definitely excited, not long now.

Although we ended up at Olu Deniz Resort last year, Sun City is their sister hotel (which we didn't find out until later into our hol!) so we ended up spending our days there (by the adult pool, no children - heaven!) going back to OD Resort for dinner then back to Sun City in evening. It is a lovely hotel, I am sure you will enjoy it - email me on julieingram7@hotmail.com if you want any pictures. I will definitely post a report on Sun City when I get back. Have a fantastic time and good luck with your wedding - where are you getting married/having your reception?